Mirati Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRTX) is a San Diego-based late-stage biotechnology company relentlessly focused on translating drug discovery and research into new treatments for patients by advancing and delivering novel therapeutics that target the genetic and immunologic drivers of cancer. Mirati is advancing a novel pipeline to treat large patient populations across multiple programs and tumor types, including two programs, adagrasib (MRTX849) and sitravatinib, in registration-enabling studies to treat non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Adagrasib is an investigational small molecule and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor in clinical development as a monotherapy and in combinations. MRTX1133 is an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12D inhibitor in preclinical development.
Sitravatinib is an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases (RTK) designed to enhance immune responses through the inhibition of immunosuppressive signaling. Sitravatinib is being evaluated in multiple clinical trials to treat patients who are refractory to prior immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy, including a Phase 3 trial of sitravatinib in combination with nivolumab in NSCLC.
The Company has initiated plans to prepare for the commercialization of adagrasib by establishing its commercial and medical affairs team. Mirati’s ambition is to continue to recruit and a build a world-class, high-performing team with a shared passion and dedication for transforming the future of cancer treatment.
.We are Mirati
Our mission is to discover, design, and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of cancer patients and their loved ones. We have built a culture fueled by accountability, urgency, collaboration and open-mindedness, and have established ourselves as an innovator within our industry. As we grow, we are looking to build diverse teams, with skilled individuals that are passionate about their work.
Why join us?
- The Drug Discovery team at Mirati is responsible for the invention, optimization and characterization of quality small molecules as clinical candidates for Mirati research programs. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for routine bioanalytical assays and will perform fit-for-purpose ADME assays to enable fast progression of discovery programs. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and comfortable performing bioanalytical assays in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and execute bioanalytical assays in a dynamic research setting
- Perform quantitation of drug candidates and metabolites in biological matrices
- Clearly summarize and communicate results to project teams, review IND reports and QC reports
- Provide automation support for routine in vitro ADME assays to support fast advancement of discovery programs and help evaluate the drug-drug interaction potential of lead compounds
- Routinely acquire LC/MS data and maintain/troubleshoot lab instruments as needed
- Prepare reagents and upload assay data to compound database
- Work effectively within a DMPK group as a key member providing bioanalytical data
- Prepare and deliver internal presentations and external publications as driven by the project and corporate strategies.
What is Required:
- MS with 8+ years, BS with 14+ years of experience in a relevant laboratory environment with analytical chemistry, DMPK and drug discovery background
- Relevant pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience required
- Hands-on expertise with bioanalytical assays
- Experience with processing a variety of tissues (plasma, tumors, livers, etc).
- Extensive experience operating and maintaining Sciex LC-MS systems, liquid handlers and instrumentation to perform day-to-day ADME experiments and assays
- Proficient in LC/MS software, data processing and presentation of results to project teams
- Demonstration of outstanding communication skills and flexibility in adapting to a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and shifting priorities
Mirati’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic informations, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.