Job Description Summary
The Vice President of U.S. Market Value & Access will be responsible for leading a team developing the market access strategy and execution to ensure optimal market access conditions throughout the life cycle of Mirati’s products. This role is responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction for payer access, marketing, coverage, reimbursement, distribution, patient support services, list and net pricing and contracting across all payer types, physician GPO’s and IDN accounts. He/she will build and lead a high functioning Market Access team including a field-based payer team to ensure appropriate access and access solutions for patients and providers. As a member of the commercial leadership team, the role will work across the organization to ensure commercial success of the Mirati portfolio. This role reports to the Senior Vice President, U.S. Commercial and is based in San Diego, CA.
- Build and lead a successful market access team to support launch, and ongoing commercialization of Mirati’s product(s).
- Responsible for payer marketing, patient support program (patient services including financial assistance), reimbursement field team, payer (government and private payers) field team, trade and distribution, IDN/GPO account team, pricing and contracting
- Oversee relationships with insurance/managed care organizations and integrated delivery networks, leading contracting and price negotiations
- Lead the strategic and tactical development of distribution for Mirati’s product(s) as well as contracting, implementation, and operational management of distribution network partners including Specialty Pharmacies, Specialty Distributors, etc.
- Ensure a high level of collaboration and integration with the Marketing Team, Sales, Medical, Finance, Manufacturing, and other cross-functional members
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to leverage and implement reimbursement, managed care, payer, and healthcare policies that ensure attainment of managed markets business objectives
- Develop list and net pricing strategies consistent with customer and market indications and the overall portfolio targeting long-term commercial success
- Responsible for Gross to Net Forecasting in collaboration with finance
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs to ensure the HEOR plan and value dossier including compelling and credible information for the US to support the payer messaging regarding value
- Develop and manage departmental budgets that effectively achieve desired goals that are balanced with the financial objectives of the broader commercial organization
- Provide strategic insights and reimbursement & pricing support for evaluation of pipeline evaluation and business development opportunities
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations
What is Required
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or advanced degree preferred. Equivalent life science career experience would be accepted.
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience in market access and launch of oncology or specialty care products
- Experiences in payer, reimbursement, pricing & contracting, and leading a field team would be valuable and preferred
- Proven strong understanding of 3rd party payers (commercial/government payers), distribution and trade, physician networks, healthcare systems, and public policies associated with Oncology
- Launch experience is a must. Experience building Market Access team from ground up for a small company is preferred
- Previous experience successfully developing and leading managed markets/payer initiatives that supported product launches; well versed in pharma/payer contracting terms across various segments; experience with oral drugs, including Medicare Part D
- Track record in building leading, motivating, and training successful team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills appropriate to senior stakeholders (External: Executives of various related organizations; Internal: C-suite, board members)
- Ability to lead, collaborate and influence cross-functional teams within an organization
- Experience in oncology is required. Solid tumors and oral oncolytic is preferred
- Flexible, adaptable, diplomatic, and able to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Possesses a good blend of strategic and operational experience with the ability to see the big picture and strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel 25%-40% domestic (Post-Covid requirement)
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati’s vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it’s the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati’s success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.