Sr Cloud Systems Administrator
Department: Facilities / IT
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2547734
Job Description Summary
Mirati is seeking an Sr. Cloud Systems Administrator who has extensive experience working with Microsoft's Azure platform and enterprise application services to support the IT leadership team in executing the roadmap for IT infrastructure and cloud operations. This role's primary focus is on ensuring technology resources are distributed, maintained, secured, configured, and effectively utilized across Mirati's growing network.
This is a technical role that requires hands-on knowledge of different areas within the cloud arena such as user management, authentication (e.g. Okta, Azure MFA), orchestrate VDIs Linux/Window/Images, cloud enterprise collaboration tools (Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Power Platform), cloud infrastructure architecture on AWS and Azure, scripting (PowerShell, bash, Azure cli), cloud and on-premise storage, backups, device management platforms (e.g Intune, Business Manager, Airwatch ), reporting, metric analysis, and familiarity with networking and wireless.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about information technology (IT) operations, providing reliable and secure infrastructure and networking platforms in support of Mirati's critical business solutions. They should have an excellent ability to communicate, organize, document, and solve problems using their in-depth understanding of information systems. They will also be able to use their technical experience and business acumen to maintain a trusted relationship with end-users and business partners, while enabling technical teams to deliver and maintain quality solutions aligned with Mirati's organizational goals.
- Troubleshoot and document deployment and system issues
- Follow-up on alerts and notifications
- Responsible for performance metrics, analysis, and uptime
- Configure, secure, and maintain Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Provide technical support to Mirati's end-users' through our ticketing system
- Write and document code/instructions to automate system architectures
- Working on custom special projects as assigned
- Work with the Network Administrator to document, maintain and support networking efforts
- Understands Azure platform and architecture, documents, and supports the underlying business processes, workflows, data and application platforms that depends on Microsoft and 3rd party services
- Take ownership of issues, with a sense of urgency, and using sound judgment to resolve
- SQL server maintenance and support
- Firewall maintenance and support
- Server documentation, installation, support, maintenance
- Backup documentation and maintenance
- Responsible for tracking licenses, metrics, and reporting
- Engage peers in accordance with processes and procedures to document and contribute to solution/architecture designs
What is Required
- Minimum 4 years' experience in a similar role
- The ability to communicate to technical teams as well as non-technical resources.
- Strong working knowledge of Azure's platform (M365, Exchange Online, SharePoint, Teams, Azure Active Directory, Power platform, SAML, Defender, SQL databases, Azure Storage, Virtual Network, VPN and Gateways, Powershell/Azure Cli); knowledge of Security and Compliance Center highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Azure/AWS infrastructure and architecture
- Experience with the implementation, integration, management, and support of hybrid environments where SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS solutions, and virtualized and cloud-based infrastructure, are incorporated as required.
- Strong working knowledge and proven working experience with the following: Windows, Linux, Unix, Storage, VDI, Active Directory, VMware, AWS, Azure, and hardware such as Dell and Cisco/Meraki.
- Sound technical skills in networking (DNS, DHCP, remote user support, etc.) and experience with circuits, routers, switches, and ISP responsibilities and relationships.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable.
- Strong detail and organized documentation/technical writing
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Has a strong understanding and competency in IAM, resource monitoring and resource groups, mapping dependencies, and scripting
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.