Job Description Summary
The Senior Director Regional Medical Affairs Lead will be responsible for leading either the west or east US regional medical team to support the development and preparation for the launch of Mirati Therapeutics’ Oncology products. The ideal candidate should have prior experience working in a cross functional dynamic environment with leadership of field or regional medical affairs team. The position will report into the Global Head of Regional Medical Affairs.
The Senior Director Regional Medical Affairs Lead (RMAL) will manage and lead a team of regional medical affairs directors (RMADs). There will be two RMALs in the US with responsibility for the east or west. The RMAL will ensure appropriate product and disease training of the field team, participate and help drive the overall Medical Affairs strategy, oversee opinion leader planning and execution and assist in driving clinical trial recruitment.
- Lead, manage, and mentor half the US RMAD team
- Provide coaching and guidance to regional team members, including observations of stakeholder interactions
- Support internal and external requests for TL engagement, strategic alliances, and collaborators
- Represent regional medical affairs on the medical strategy sub team
- Partner with Clinical Operations leadership to drive enrollment of prioritized studies via the RMAD team and leadership of centralized roundtables, webinars, and other initiatives to engage investigators, site staff and potential Investigators
- Represent field medical on the investigator sponsored research (ISRs) committee; liaise between the working group and RMADs to drive the site engagement, tracking, reporting of ISRs
- Partner with commercial and access field teams to develop account plans and strategies in accordance with all applicable compliance requirements
- Provide medical support for key commercial activities in accordance with local and national compliance requirements
What is Required
- Advanced degree in life sciences
- 5+ years in medical roles including leading field teams and with oncology experience
- Outstanding ability to lead teams
- Strong track record of execution and operational effectiveness
- Ability to understand and communicate complex analysis
- Team orientated and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
- Strong sense of accountability and ability to execute on deliverable
- Ability to influence externally and internally
- Travel may be required up to 50% of your time
- Home office or work from home option
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati’s vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it’s the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati’s success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.