Mirati Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRTX) is a San Diego-based late-stage biotechnology company relentlessly focused on translating drug discovery and research into new treatments for patients by advancing and delivering novel therapeutics that target the genetic and immunologic drivers of cancer. Mirati is advancing a novel pipeline to treat large patient populations across multiple programs and tumor types, including two programs, adagrasib (MRTX849) and sitravatinib, in registration-enabling studies to treat non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Adagrasib is an investigational small molecule and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor in clinical development as a monotherapy and in combinations. MRTX1133 is an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12D inhibitor in preclinical development.
Sitravatinib is an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases (RTK) designed to enhance immune responses through the inhibition of immunosuppressive signaling. Sitravatinib is being evaluated in multiple clinical trials to treat patients who are refractory to prior immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy, including a Phase 3 trial of sitravatinib in combination with nivolumab in NSCLC.
The Company has initiated plans to prepare for the commercialization of adagrasib by establishing its commercial and medical affairs team. Mirati’s ambition is to continue to recruit and a build a world-class, high-performing team with a shared passion and dedication for transforming the future of cancer treatment.
We are Mirati
Our mission is to discover, design, and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of cancer patients and their loved ones. We have built a culture fueled by accountability, urgency, collaboration and open-mindedness, and have established ourselves as an innovator within our industry. As we grow, we are looking to build diverse teams, with skilled individuals that are passionate about their work.
Why join us?
Our pipeline is one of the most robust and exciting in the industry and fuels our ambition to make great strides in the fight against cancer. By joining Mirati, you will become part of a leading biotech company with a team of talented professionals dedicated to bringing the latest innovations in cancer treatment to patients. With a focus on teamwork and a commitment to do everything we can to support healthcare professionals in their effort to care for patients, we are well positioned to raise expectations for what companies can do to advance cancer care. We are passionate and dedicated, nimble and fast and are committed to empowerment to enable speed and high-quality customer service. While we go about it, our commitment to do first what is right is unshakable and we promise to put patients first in all that we do.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Scientific Officer and other members of the leadership team as assigned
- Schedule and prepare for complex virtual, onsite, and offsite meetings with multiple competing priorities
- Manage executive calendars and coordinate extensive travel planning
- Facilitate meeting logistics
- Assist executives in proofreading and editing materials, propounding feedback to authors, and collecting finalized materials well in advance of meetings. Said materials include but are not limited to agendas, decks, and pre-read materials
- Develop, maintain, communicate, and enforce deadlines
- As needed, capture and disseminate meeting minutes
- Track action items
- Edit presentations and various communications for internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate, route and track legal documents, purchase orders, and invoices
- Maintain electronic departmental filing system
- Reconcile monthly purchase card account
- Process expense reports in a timely manner
- Answer and direct incoming calls, open mail, and prepare meeting documents
- Provide back-up support to Sr. Management, as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
What is Required:
- Minimum of eight years of experience as an Executive Assistant, preferably in Life Sciences industry
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and operation of other peripheral devices. Expertise in Powerpoint a plus
- Experience in securing complex door-to-door multi-leg, domestic and international travel
- Ability to maintain and closely guard confidential information
- Aptitude in working cross functionally with all levels of the organization
- Prior experience supporting multiple functions
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and skilled in handling and prioritizing simultaneous assignments in a fast-paced environment
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree a plus
Mirati’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic informations, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.