Associate Director, Talent Acquisition
Department: Human Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2645262
This is what you will do:
Reporting to the Head of Talent Acquisition, the Associate Director, Talent Acquisition will be essential in developing and leading Mirati's growth initiatives, recruiting strategies, and branding efforts. You will provide key leadership and mentorship within the Talent Acquisition organization, drive recruiting operational excellence, implement creative talent pipeline strategies, and encompass DEI principles.
You will be responsible for:
- Set a talent acquisition agenda, across and within each of the Enabling Functions that details how we will attract and hire the best people
- Inspire and lead a team of Talent Acquisition Partners to ensure that we bring in the best talent, to the right roles, within the shortest possible timeframe
- Develop a cohesive talent acquisition strategy with a specific emphasis on enhancing DE&I, so that the talent we bring in reflects the patients we serve
- Work alongside Talent Management & HR Business Partners and hiring leaders within the Enabling Functions to identify and build a pipeline of engaged and motivated external talent, for the critical and core roles
- Drive comprehensive recruiting strategies with a strong understanding of the talent landscape and analytics to proactively identify, attract, engage, and hire diverse talent
- Ensure best-in-class hiring manager and candidate experience, while positioning Mirati as an employer of choice
- Assess competitive intelligence to identify the areas of greatest opportunity and help to curate a roadmap to meet future growth
- Enhance and leverage technology and tools to maximize candidate quality and personal productivity
- Manage Talent Acquisition/HR projects and initiatives
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree, or a minimum of 10+ years' equivalent work experience
- Experience within HR focused on Talent Acquisition & Recruitment
- Proven experience mentoring and leading a team
- Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and enabling business functions. Ability to stay up to date on current and possible future HR and business trends.
- Thought leader (theory and practice) as it pertains to evolving organization capabilities, systems thinking, learning, and organizational change
- Strategic enterprise thinker who finds innovative ways to develop solutions. Exceptional ability to translate an agenda aligned to a function's future-focused objectives, deploy it, and deliver results
- Ability to prioritize work by focusing on priorities that matter most across the enterprise. Track record of implementing programs that reduce complexity and measurably improve business performance
- Ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Adept at storytelling and bringing others along a change journey and adopting new ways of thinking
- Ability to identify the root cause of problems/opportunities and determine possible solutions
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Proficiency in working within applicant tracking systems. Workday experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Excellent sourcing techniques including LinkedIn, Google, ATS applicant mining, etc.
We would prefer for you to have:
- Demonstrated experience and successful execution of niche market and technical recruitment, preferably in oncology
- DEI sourcing experience preferred
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.