Sr. Cloud SysOps Engineer
Department: Facilities / IT
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2547734
Job Description Summary
Mirati is seeking an Sr. Cloud SysOps Engineer who has experience working with Azure and enterprise application services to support the IT leadership team in executing the roadmap for IT infrastructure and cloud operations. This role's primary focus is on developing tools and orchestrate cloud operations, support applications administration, reporting and maintenance of our hybrid cloud infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about information technology (IT) operations, providing reliable and secure infrastructure and networking platforms in support of our critical business solutions. They will also be able to use their technical experience and business acumen to maintain a trusted relationship with end-users and business partners, while enabling technical teams to deliver and maintain quality solutions aligned with our organizational goals.
- Collaborate with business partners, security, and other members of the IT department in architecture, data governance, data privacy, data integration, engineering and development during planning and solution discussions related to cloud technologies
- Assist with the administration, maintenance, automation, troubleshooting, reporting/metrics and training of others on cloud solutions
- Participate in technical roadmap sessions for cloud, big data technologies, enterprise applications and other integrations
- Participate in creating and ensuring compliance to cloud related standards
- Develop and expand your skills with automation tools to enable others to becoming self-sufficient where possible
- Assist in analyzing incoming use cases and help your team to develop and implement a robust solution to meet business needs
- Monitor, optimize performance, and report metrics and analysis. Drive proactive measures to track and address performance and capacity issues prior to user experience.
- Conduct approved delegated technical activities from various teams as it pertains to cloud or big data solutions, networking, server, storage activities
- Orchestrate/automate/build standard configuration for virtual images and deployment
- Responsible for scripting/programing business automation, integration, and API/workflow development, IdP technologies, SAML, OAuth, SSO, 2FA/MFA
- Writing technical documentation on process, procedure, workflows, SOP, and WI
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 4 years' experience in a similar role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- The ability to communicate to technical teams as well as non-technical resources.
- Understands the sophisticated technical concepts at play without needing to be an expert in any particular area or technology, and to make sound decisions and provide proper direction to team resources.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365, including Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, Azure Active Directory, IdP and Single Sign-on; knowledge of Security and Compliance Center highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Azure/AWS/GCP functions, applications, and architecture
- A solid background in compute, storage, and networking technologies, including a curiosity to stay up to date with industry standards especially with regards to cyber security.
- Strong technical knowledge of on-prem and virtual networking, configuration and CLI
- Experience with the implementation, integration, management, and support of hybrid environments where SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS solutions, and virtualized and cloud-based infrastructure, are incorporated as required.
- Strong working knowledge and proven working experience with the following: Windows, Linux, Unix, Storage, VDI, Active Directory, VMware, AWS, Azure, and hardware such as Dell and Cisco/Meraki.
- Sound technical skills in networking (DNS, DHCP, remote user support, etc.) and experience with circuits, routers, switches, and ISP responsibilities and relationships.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable.
- Project Management experience; Understanding and practical experience of Agile.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Has a strong understanding and competency in IAM, resource monitoring and resource groups, mapping dependencies, and scripting.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.