Sr. Director, Information Technology (IT) Enterprise Architecture &amp; Information Management (Remote or Office Based)
Department: Facilities / IT
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2478767
Job Description Summary
The Senior Director, Information Technology (IT) Enterprise Architecture (EA) & Information Management is responsible developing a comprehensive strategy and service for EA and Information Management by partnering with business and IT stakeholders across the organization.
With respect to Enterprise Architecture, this role will create and lead a service that provides architecture advisory and design for the end-to-end solutions architecture, application architecture, integration architecture, data architecture, and technology/platform/solutions governance. He/She will also partner closely with IT Security, and Risk Management functions to lead platform / vendor evaluations and on boarding.
With respect to information management this role will lead the creation of an enterprise data strategy and build a data / information-oriented service team that can provide standards, guidelines and expertise for data platforms and tools that can be leveraged throughout the organization. This team will partner with IT and business stakeholders to define and deliver various data services and tools.
Ultimately this role will bring expertise to drive agility and interoperability, enabling Mirati to use data and information as an asset.
- Development and rollout of an Enterprise Architecture program from initiation of a core set of principles to delivery of a lightweight application review process to establishment of a simple yearly road-mapping exercise.
- Participation in the development of or review of proposed large framework architectures to assure alignment with company direction and to evaluate the proposed solution's ability to meet business requirements and assure their sustainability.
- Review of proposed software vendor's solutions for reliability, availability, and protection of company resources from a security perspective to establish risks with adoption and mitigating strategies.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive enterprise data strategy, including data modeling, implementation, data management for business operations data, master data management, and inter-operability with enterprise data warehouses / sources and advanced data analytics systems
- Develop the framework and tools to implement the data strategy and services.
- Develop data as a service organization model that compliments a Plan, Build, Run model with an agile approach.
- Develop Enterprise Data Flow Diagrams, Enterprise Data Model(s), Enterprise Data Architecture Diagram(s), Data Catalogs and Data Dictionaries for use across the Enterprise
- Provide mentorship and advisory on business intelligence and reporting practices and tools
What is Required
- Minimum 15 years of progressive information management solutions and end-to-end development life-cycle support and SDLC processes
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Engineering, Information Science, Data Analytics, or related technical field; Master's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results
- Experience in the role of an architect, leading a technical team, designing large software systems, and operating at the engineering management team level
- Good communicator, able to talk with stakeholders and customers to explain technology and with the proven ability to take insights from customers and translate them into technical deliverables
- Experience working with vendors and leading a team including architects, engineers, quality assurance, and operations professionals
- Experience establishing technology strategies and roadmaps
- Experience in data security / privacy / protection / classification / retention / expiry, and data life-cycle management including digital rights management
- Experience implementing technology governance approaches and driving standards
- Experience reviewing and assessing solution architectures
- Experienced in Enterprise Data Management, Master Data Management and Data Governance principles / models
- Experience with Data/Ops and AI/ML Ops operating models
- Experience with SAFe, Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Biotech, Pharma or life science experience preferred
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.