HR Specialist, Learning & Development (Contract)
Department: Human Resources
Employment Type: Contractor
Reference Number: 2414208
Job Description Summary
The contract HR Specialist will be a key member of the team. You will partner with the HR team to create meaningful learning experiences for employees. Expect to grow, be challenged, and to have fun. This role will have a high-level customer service interface with the HR team, employees, and vendors. The ideal candidate must be task oriented, deadline driven and customer focused. This is a 6-month to 1 year contract.
- Coordinates and schedules virtual and in person trainings for employees
- Prepares materials, food orders and room for in person trainings
- Serves as an HR contact for employees and managers for general inquiries by monitoring the HR shared inbox
- System admin for our Learning Management System which entails creating trainings, managing participants, sending invites, reserving rooms
- Facilitate the transition into the Workday Learning module through a series of trainings and implementation practices
- Liaison to external Learning & Development vendors on timing, contracts and purchase orders
- Partners with internal communications to promote training opportunities and increase employee participation
- Helps in PowerPoint design and enhancement
- Assists with employee engagement initiatives
- Analyzes training survey scores and feedback into meaningful and actionable presentations
- Build and improve current practices, share ideas and take ownership
What is Required
- High school diploma required with at least 3 years HR or Talent Acquisition administrative/ coordination experience or equivalent education and experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have a strong design sense and understanding of PowerPoint
- Experience with Workday is a plus
- Experience managing a Learning Management System preferred
- Must be able to come onsite to our San Diego office a few times per month
- Strong detail orientation and organization skills
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly; proactive versus reactive mentality
- Team player and always ready to jump into action when needed
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and use strong judgment to make sound decisions
- MS Office/Outlook application experience is a must
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.