Associate Director, IT Infrastructure Services (Office based or Hybrid in Southern CA)
Department: Facilities / IT
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2404472
Job Description Summary
Mirati is seeking an Associate Director of IT Infrastructure Services who will lead the team and execute the roadmap for IT infrastructure and cloud operations. This role is responsible for leading the charge on supporting and maintaining the company's on-premises IT operations in addition to facilitating the transition to a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about information technology (IT) operations, providing reliable and secure infrastructure and networking platforms in support of our critical business solutions. They will also be able to use their technical experience and business acumen to maintain a trusted relationship with end-users and business partners, while enabling technical teams to deliver and maintain quality solutions aligned with our organizational goals.
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of IT infrastructure and operations to ensure high levels of system stability, availability, and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the management of physical and virtual Infrastructure, including virtualized compute services, server management, database operations, and backup/storage solutions.
- Accountable for corporate, cloud, and laboratory networks, including wired, wireless, and Internet connectivity.
- Participates in the evolving cloud migration initiative and advises infrastructure teams on training, execution, and operations in support of the organization's hybrid cloud solutions.
- Ensures the team has the right monitoring, administration, and security measures in place to provide proactive vs. reactive oversight of our production and non-production systems and network, to align with system availability and service level agreements.
- Works with the Senior IT Leadership to participate in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices as related to the needs of the business.
- Facilitates project intake and prioritization with key business partners and technical leaders, and works with the team to supervise planning, execution, and backlog management.
- Partners with 3rd party vendors to understand and plan for technology roadmaps, manage support services, ensure high quality work products and adherence to service/operations level agreements.
- Identifies and implements work required to ensure adherence to compliance and regulatory requirements, in addition to addressing system vulnerabilities and security patching.
- Prepares infrastructure-related cost estimates, budgets, and schedules, and maintains oversight of hardware and software licensing and support timelines.
- Helps define and measure success metrics in support of organizational objectives and key results.
- Develops and evaluates personnel to ensure we have the right people in the right job.
What is Required
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 10 years of IT management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 5 years managing teams.
- Excellent management, leadership, organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- The ability to communicate to technical teams as well as non-technical resources.
- Understands the sophisticated technical concepts at play without needing to be an expert in any particular area or technology, and to make sound decisions and provide proper direction to team resources.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365, including Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, Azure Active Directory, and Single Sign-on; knowledge of Security and Compliance Center highly desired.
- A solid background in compute, storage, and networking technologies, including a curiosity to stay up to date with industry standards especially with regards to cyber security.
- Experience with the implementation, integration, management, and support of hybrid environments where SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS solutions, and virtualized and cloud-based infrastructure, are incorporated as required.
- Strong working knowledge and proven working experience with the following: Windows, Linux, Unix, Storage, VDI, Active Directory, VMware, AWS, Azure, and hardware such as Dell and Cisco/Meraki.
- Sound technical skills in networking (DNS, DHCP, remote user support, etc.) and experience with circuits, routers, switches, and ISP responsibilities and relationships.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable.
- Project Management experience; Understanding and practical experience of Agile.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.