HR Operations Specialist (Contract)
Department: Human Resources
Employment Type: Contractor
Reference Number: 2399419
Job Description Summary
The contract HR Operations Specialist will be a key member of the team. You will help provide the best-in-class candidate experience. Expect to grow, be challenged, and to have fun. This role will have a high-level customer service interface with candidates, hiring managers, employees, and vendors. The ideal candidate must be task-oriented, deadline driven, and customer focused. This is a 12-month contract.
- Provide support for pre-employment, onboarding and offboarding activities, with extreme accuracy and attention to detail
- Partner and collaborate closely with cross functional partners, such as Payroll, IT, and Facilities, to ensure a seamless onboarding process
- Serve as the main point of contact to Payroll for all onboarding and offboarding activities
- Transition pending new hires from Applicant Tracking System (ATS) into payroll systems
- Lead and coordinate New Hire Onboarding program for full time employees
- Coordinate and support onboarding activities for consultants and contractors
- Process and maintain payroll-related HR activities for employees in multiple states and legal entities
- Process employment authorization documents in EVerify
- Process unemployment claims
- Compile HR data and metrics from the various HRIS and payroll outputs and create reports in Excel that capture and monitor key people information
- Maintenance of employee data in HRIS / payroll system
- Serve as an initial HR contact for employees and managers to triage and answer general inquiries in a timely manner
- Process and review Unemployment Claims
- Maintain HR and employee files to ensure information is accurate and up to date
- Build and improve current practices, share ideas and take ownership
What is Required
- High school diploma required with at least 5 years HR experience
- Experience with Paylocity or other Payroll system strongly desired
- Experience with Workday strongly desired
- Strong detail orientation and organization skills
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage data with accuracy and confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly, proactive versus reactive mentality
- Collaborator and always ready to jump into action when needed
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and use strong judgment to make sound decisions
- MS Office/Outlook application experience required
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.