Associate Director, Compensation & Benefits
Department: Human Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2395365
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Associate Director of Compensation & Benefits will be responsible for providing expertise in the areas of Compensation and Benefits. This position will be expected to create and provide value-added, efficient HR processes and services including management of the annual compensation planning cycle, providing valuable input to the development, execution, and administration of Mirati's Total Rewards strategy, and close management of Mirati's Benefit Program. These processes should strategically support the global compensation objectives of attracting and retaining talent while also maximizing employee engagement. The individual needs to be strategic in understanding a lean approach to HR processes while also being tactical in operating as a content expert. This position will contribute to a team of high-performing HR professionals dedicated to providing best-in-class HR programs and services.
- Partner with the Vice President of Human Resources in the implementation and administration of innovative Total Reward strategies that deliver cost-effective and competitive compensation and benefit programs to our employees
- In partnership with the Vice President, Human Resources, lead and maintain the Total Rewards strategy by recommending competitive rewards programs, variable compensation designs, and incentive programs
- Contribute to the development and roll-out of an extensive Total Reward communications strategy
- Provide advice on compensation and benefit matters including industry benchmarks and best practices
- Manage the annual compensation planning cycle and review process administered through Workday, including communication strategy, timeline, and tools/resources
- Administer global benefit plans including retirement and health plans. Lead strategic relationships with brokers, facilitate negotiations and ensure strong governance and thought leadership in designing innovative new programs.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and business leaders to understand the application of Total Rewards within their teams.
- Develop, implement, and analyze market competitive pay structures that support Mirati's compensation philosophy and framework, including pay grades and position leveling.
- Identify gaps and develop recommendations to address opportunities for enhancements
- Ensure alignment of incentive/reward elements with culture, strategy and operational goals
- Create a strong culture of recognition through the administration of reward and recognition programs
- Work with Finance/Payroll to ensure accurate compensation programs administration, financial reporting, and compliance with applicable ERISA, regulatory, and tax laws.
- Manage the implementation of a variety of HR systems in support of the Company's high-growth phase.
- Collaborate with other members of the HR Team in the creation of a culture of wellness
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree required in a Human Resources related discipline, advanced degree highly preferred
- 10+ years of overall HR experience with 7+ years of experience focused in compensation and benefits design and management
- Experience with Workday highly preferred
- Experience designing incentive compensation programs for a publicly-held company, preferably in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive knowledge of US federal and state legislation influencing compensation and benefits as well as EU
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.