Vice President, Medical Affairs, International
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2362157
Job Description Summary
The Vice President, Medical Affairs, International will be responsible for establishing and leading the European Medical Affairs function responsible for scientific exchange with the external community to support enrollment of Mirati trials and preparation for launch. The successful candidate must be comfortable functioning in a lean biotech environment where ambiguity is common and flexibility is essential. The successful candidate should have a demonstrated track record of balancing strategic thinking, external engagement, and tactical execution.
- Build and manage a European Medical Affairs team
- Establish connections with the broader medical community and advocacy groups
- Deliver data presentations at Advisory Boards, investigator meetings.
- Develop European Medical and Scientific Affairs strategy and tactical plans.
- Partner with internal stakeholders/functions to ensure alignment of the European medical strategy and objectives with global plans and overall corporate strategy.
- Identify data/evidence gaps that will impact the success and propose solutions to address the gaps.
- Collaborate with the Market Access function to develop the compelling value proposition to obtain reimbursement for Mirati's assets.
- Collaborate with clinical, clinical operation, and regulatory functions to support the planning and execution of clinical trial activities including site identification, scientific engage, escalating barriers to enrollment.
- Incorporate European needs in global projects, including Publication Planning, Advisory Boards, Educational Programs, Conferences.
- Ensure Medical Information services in Europe
- Develop strategies to disseminate appropriate education and expertise about Mirati's products.
- Material/program reviews: Ensure a local medical review process is in place to support review of promotional and medical material
- Ensure adaptation of disease-state and product training for internal functions, as needed.
- Ensure set-up and management of compassionate use programs and pre-approval access programs in Europe.
- Develop and effectively manage budget and operating plan for Medical Affairs Europe.
What is Required
- Advanced degree required, MD preferred.
- Oncology experience is required, lung cancer experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 15+ years of medical affairs or clinical research experience. Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading a Medical Affairs function.
- Proven track record of success in building and leading high-performing teams and solid managerial experience are essential.
- Possess strong leadership abilities and a strategic business perspective to bring products forward successfully.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior management.
- Have credibility with KOLs and external medical communities.
- Be nimble and energetic in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Capable of taking a hands-on approach and willing to contribute to tactical execution.
- Extensive travel is anticipated as part of this position (50%).
- Ideally based out of Switzerland/Europe
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.