Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2358223
Job Description Summary
Mirati Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Associate Scientist to join the Biology group within the Mirati Research department to assist with on-going oncology programs. The successful candidate will support the development of novel small molecule targeted therapies by running weekly assays and performing deeper characterization of lead molecules using a variety of cell-based assays. The candidate will be an integral part of a fast-paced research team and will be expected to efficiently execute experiments that may ultimately guide Go/No-go decisions. The successful candidate will preferably have experience with mammalian cell biology, high-throughput assay development, molecular biology techniques, and in vivo pharmacology. The candidate may also support translational-stage programs, so experience with biomarker identification and execution and evaluation of plate-based combination assays is a plus.
- Design, execute and interpret experiments to propel drug discovery and lead matter characterization (includes plate-based weekly screening, in vitro compound characterization, in vivo PK/PD and TGI study designs, and ex vivo analysis)
- Characterize lead matter by performing weekly cell-based assays based on project-specific needs (e.g. Luciferase reporter gene assay, ELISA, western blot, luminescence assays, HTRF), using high-throughput assay formats and automation
- Use a variety of molecular and cellular approaches to dissect molecular signaling pathways and elucidate gene function and drug action in vitro and in vivo, including combination platforms
- Generate in vivo pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data in relevant tumor models, contribute to study design and evaluation
- Effectively communicate experimental plans, execute experiments, analyze results, and present data at team meetings
- Upload primary data into the database and maintain an up-to-date electronic notebook.
- Work collaboratively across multiple project teams
- Opportunities for management responsibilities, including but not limited to managing students and/or summer interns
What is Required
- BS/MS or equivalent with 1-4 years lab research experience in biology or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least 2 years of cell biology experience preferred
- Mammalian cell culture (primary and immortalized) experience required
- Experience with a broad range of molecular biology techniques (e.g. qRT-PCR, western blotting/JES, flow cytometry)
- Ability to independently execute experiments and perform data analysis
- Independent and self-driven with good interpersonal skills and strong sense of urgency in applying skills to create new medicines for cancer patients
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.