Vice President, Operations, International
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2347084
Job Description Summary
- Ensure infrastructure readiness for a commercial launch by (i) leading and driving a cross-functional Europe build-out infrastructure group and, (ii) driving implementation of Operations, Legal & Compliance Function Europe including HR, Finance, Legal, Healthcare Compliance, Data Privacy and Commercial Supply Chain in close collaboration with Global functions.
- Providing support to the SVP & General Manger Europe to drive business strategies and optimize business performance, including strategic legal advice, financial analysis, strategic direction in designing, developing and implementing HR strategies as well as Commercial Supply Chain implementation in Europe.
- Strategic partner in regard to the Marketing Authorization Application and Orphan Designation with the European Medicines Agency.
- In due course, recruit, develop, mentor and supervise staff in Operations as well as Legal & Compliance Function Europe.
Key responsibilities in regard to Legal and Compliance include:
- Keep the General Counsel and SVP & General Manager Europe abreast of legal and compliance issues and changes affecting or involving Europe.
- Manage all legal activities and legal infrastructure and advise on key legal risks in all countries outside of the US.
- Support and lead the creation of a legal entity infrastructure outside of the US.
- On-going legal advice on laws, regulations and guidelines related to research, development, medical affairs, business development, employment, and commercialization of therapies sold, marketed or distributed in Europe.
- Serve as expert on EU healthcare compliance laws and regulations, including anti- bribery/anti-corruption and Data Privacy laws and regulations.
- Support the development and implementation of global healthcare policies and business conduct codes as well as a state-of-the-art healthcare compliance system for Europe.
- Liaise with outside legal counsel to monitor and assess state of compliance with EU regulation; interpret and take necessary action as required by law.
- Direct risk management review of promotional, marketing, and company disclosure materials to be disseminated in Europe. Recommend and manage enforcement of disciplinary actions for compliance violations.
Key responsibilities in regard to Human Resources include:
- Provide strategic direction in designing, developing and implementing HR strategies and systems for Europe in support of attracting, developing, and retaining a committed and competent staff.
- Ensure HR technical expertise on processes and organizational policies and practices (including but not limited to Recruitment, Selection, Orientation/Induction, Performance Management and Learning and Development).
- Design, review and implement HR policies, systems, guidelines in alignment with the local labour laws as well as quality and accountability standards.
- Promote the desired organization culture within the organization.
Key responsibilities in regard to Finance include:
- Work closely with the Global Finance team to establish FP&A, accounting and tax practices.
- Preparing and implementing operational finance processes/accounting systems, including accounts payable, cash management, payroll, accounting policies and procedures as well as appropriate internal controls (Sarbanes-Oxley requirements).
- Leading budget preparation and control for EU business, including reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Secure financial compliance by leading statutory and tax filings.
- Collaborate with Global Tax Team on design and management of transfer price and overall tax structure.
- Leading IT implementation for Europe.
Key responsibilities in regard to Supply Chain include:
- In close collaboration with the Global Technical Operations Team establish and lead supply chain operations for the European commercial business.
- Develop in close collaboration with the Global Supply Chain and Quality Team an appropriate commercial supply chain strategy for Europe including physical and legal flow of goods, distribution licenses, warehouses, order-to-cash set up and end-customer support.
- Set-up and implementation of packaging, transportation and logistics set-up, including outside warehouses (3PL).
- Support proper utilization of the Global ERP system.
- Collaboration with procurement department to determine best practice supply
What is Required
- Reporting to the SVP, General Manager Europe, the company is looking for a strong leader with a hands-on operational mindset.
- The successful candidate for the position will be a recognized leader who is naturally autonomous and a self-starter.
- In addition to the industry and functional experience, the successful individual should bring an extensive knowledge of current and emerging legislation and standards in the pharmaceutical/healthcare sector.
- Personal characteristics will be absolutely crucial, as the successful individual needs to have the self-sufficiency, energy and drive to take this opportunity and run with it. With exceptional communication and leadership skills as well as a level of comfort at working in a high-growth, fast-paced matrix environment, where influencing and negotiating across an organization are a prerequisite.
- Moreover, it is important that the individual appointed identifies with the strong values of the company and feels a personal commitment to the fulfilment of patient needs.
- Specifically, he/she will possess the following:
- A proven track record of advising a dynamic and entrepreneurial business during a period of transformational change and Europe In addition to first class technical skills, the successful candidate will possess strong business acumen and judgement, being able to effectively switch between the roles of advisor and business partner.
- Demonstrated ability to advise on business risks.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with US and Europe teams.
- Experience of rigorous analysis of complex issues as well as proven delivery of pragmatic solutions to problems.
- A sensitive, agile negotiator who can diplomatically and effectively resolve issues.
- An open and persuasive personality with the presence and natural authority to ensure that others turn automatically to the Operations and Legal & Compliance Europe Function for advice and guidance.
- A natural self-starter, hands-on with the ability to shape and build a business.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to attract talent and create a culture of collaboration and teamwork that foster open communication, constructive conflict and organizational flexibility.
- Broad cultural orientation, ideally with some experience of working outside Switzerland in a Europe context.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong formal presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative of spirit.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.