Director, Global Logistics
Department: Technical Operations / CMC
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2225034
Job Description Summary
Mirati is looking for a Director, Global Logistics to establish the internal logistics function as a center of excellence. This position is responsible for strategy development as well as operational execution for all core logistics functions to include international freight, warehousing, transportation, global trade compliance and management of third-party logistics providers. This individual will be responsible for implementation and management of the company's overall Logistics program including relevant processes, procedures, metrics, team structure, and governance/business reviews with key internal partners.
The successful candidate must be a strong and proven leader with extensive global logistics experience.
- Develop Mirati's Global Logistics Strategy as well as the operational implementation plan.
- Establish the required team structure, processes, metrics, and governance necessary to ensure effective and efficient execution as well as adequate oversight.
- Lead monthly and quarterly business reviews with transportation and other service providers
- Communicate effectively and build cooperative and supportive working relationships with other teams, and cross-functional departments. Foster collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders to understand organizational needs.
- Develop and manage budget for freight, warehousing, and distribution, tracking performance to budget.
- Develop and maintain KPIs and data to measure effective operation of your team and span of control.
- Coordinate product delivery logistics with suppliers, importers, transportation companies and warehouse operations.
- Manage third party warehousing for Mirati materials storage and distribution of final drug product to customer in a compliant manner consistent with Mirati and customer expectations.
- Lead the compliant implementation and ongoing operational execution for any Cold Chain logistics (if needed). Work closely with technical and quality teams to align with the selection, qualification, and ongoing operation for shipping lanes and with carriers.
- Create strategies for logistics and cold chain (as required) chain Service Providers, Shipping Companies, Storage Sites, Shipping Container Suppliers, Customs Brokers and other vendors involved in the shipping process. As necessary, Lead Shipping Validation program/projects
- Obtain and maintain current all required licenses & permits needed to import and export our products.
- Develop/revise forms, SOPs and work instructions related to the shipping process including Shipment Request Forms, Temperature Excursions, Destruction Requests & Chain of Custody Forms.
- Confirm & support proper transmission of serialization data accompanying finished good shipments
What is Required
- B.S. degree or Advanced Degree (preferred).
- 10-15 years' experience working in Logistics in a pharmaceutical / biotech environment.
- 4 -8 years' managing direct reports
- Experience managing 3PL to include Commercial Distribution
- Experience managing Cold Chain and time sensitive shipments.
- Experience with Import/Export of Drug Substance & Drug Product
- Experience with product HTS classifications, valuation, and Country of Origin determinations
- Experience with Operations in European Logistics
- Preferred Professional Certification: CSCP, APICS-CLTD, etc., or similar
- Strong communication skills
- Strong experience leading cross functional teams
- Strong knowledge of GMPs
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.