Sr. Director, IT Infrastructure
Department: Facilities / IT
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2132362
Job Description Summary
Mirati Therapeutics is seeking a Senior Director of IT infrastructure to lead and manage a growing IT infrastructure. This position is responsible for leading the strategy, planning, design, development and operational management of all aspects of IT infrastructure including cloud architecture (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure), data centers, backup/recovery, availability, continuity, disaster recovery, networks, communications (e.g. audio/web/video-conferencing, telecommunications, email), Microsoft licensing, endpoints, facility specific needs and helpdesk. He/she will use their proven leadership, knowledge and experience to deliver high-quality execution and operational excellence necessary to support a dynamic biopharmaceutical business on a global scale. The Senior Director of IT infrastructure will report into the Vice President of Information Technology and will serve as a member of the IT leadership team.
- Partner, collaborate and develop strong relationships with IT, functional and site leaders to understand IT infrastructure needs in support of corporate strategy, corporate objectives and major functional objectives
- Develop an IT infrastructure strategy and global infrastructure operating model (organization, talent, employees, vendors, processes, technologies) that addresses Mirati's business needs, is synergistic with the overall IT strategy
- Recruits, develops and leads an IT infrastructure and operations team
- Develop and maintain 2 year rolling roadmaps that optimally reflect business strategic objectives, efficient sequencing, resourcing, and funding
- Drive execution of large programs or portfolio of projects through effective prioritization, planning (objectives, success criteria, scope, timelines, and cost) and oversight
- Manage demand and delivery through internal teams, suppliers and partners through a portfolio of services, projects, operational processes and metrics.
- Partner with IT leaders to develop and maintain an enterprise IT technical architecture that is primarily based on cloud and external services
- Utilize best practices, structured approaches and architecture standards for evaluating, designing and implementing services/solutions to meet requirements for functionality, performance, availability, scalability, security and disaster recovery; proactively manage performance of key vendors and third parties
- Oversee IT help desk operations and delivery of actionable trending and KPI's for management review
- Implement policies, procedures, automation and controls for consistent delivery of high availability services in a cost-effective manner
- Ensure operational resilience and stability of IT infrastructure services
- Proactively manage capacity, technology life cycle, effectiveness and delivery of key services
- Implement integrated and automated processes that drive operational excellence, be audit ready at all times, sustain knowledge continuity through appropriate level of documentation and cross training
- Partner with counterparts to implement and operationalize controls necessary for security, GxP, SOX, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and internal policies
- Develop and continuously maintain budgets that align with plans and service levels; proactively improve value over cost ratio
What is Required
- A Bachelor's Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 15 plus years of progressively increasing responsibility in IT infrastructure with a minimum of 10 plus years managing a global IT infrastructure
- Critical and structured thinking, business acumen and executive level influence to formulate and obtain broad support for proposed IT strategies, organizational structures, operating model and plans; ability to objectively assess, articulate and constructively debate major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, risks and considerations for multiple alternatives and incorporate input from other stakeholders
- Extensive and proven operational experience effectively evaluating, designing, implementing and managing 24x7 services (e.g. audio/web/video-conferencing, VOIP, network, server, helpdesk, laptop management) and associated vendors for a global IT infrastructure
- Strong working knowledge of architecture and engineering design for cloud based systems / platforms (i.e. MS Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud) and on premise systems with the ability to formulate methodologies, standards, policies and processes to meet functional, performance, availability, disaster recovery, security and operational requirements
- Ability to use structured approaches for understanding business needs, defining specifications, building and operating solutions that meet service level targets
- Proven track record and skills to deeply understand vendor service capabilities, assess risks, formulate partnerships/agreements for consistent delivery of high quality services and continuously improve value over cost ratio
- Strong working knowledge and experience of infrastructure processes / ITIL (e.g. incident, problem, change management) and how to integrate them into an effective insourced and outsourced global operating model
- Passion for service delivery, high availability and operational excellence
- Past experience effectively overseeing or managing global help desk with good knowledge of best practices for service design, delivery, monitoring and reporting
- Good working knowledge of communication platforms (audio/web/video-conferencing, VOIP, networking), Microsoft enterprise platform and Service Now / service desk solutions is desired
- Strong financial acumen to establish budgets that are driven by plans, accurately forecast costs, efficiently manage variances and improve service value
- Proven track record of executing through global teams, managing remote personnel, developing talent and creating high performing teams
- Ability to effectively manage large global deployments of new or enhanced IT end user services using vendors
- Highly collaborative, accountable and results driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to large audiences via email and in person
- Ability to establish strong and productive working relationships at all levels (Admin to CEO)
- Healthcare/biotech/pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Knowledge of security frameworks, technical design and operational controls is desired
- Experience cloud infrastructure and architecture (MS Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience with computer network validation and laboratory environments
- Experience with assessing third party vendors' environments
- Knowledge or certification in Service Performance management frameworks such as ITIL, Six Sigma, etc. is a plus
- Working knowledge of Project Management discipline and process
- Organizational change management experience is a plus
- Experience with the biotech / pharmaceutical industry is plus but not a requirement
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.