Executive Assistant to the CEO
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2071839
Job Description Summary
The Executive Assistant will be supporting the Chief Executive Officer of the company. You will provide executive support and serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. You will also serve as a liaison to the Executive Leadership team, the board of directors and oversee special projects.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the CEO
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the CEO
- Keep the CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations
- Travel arrangements and coordination
- Organizing and distributing agendas and correspondence
- Collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties
- Personal assistant needs and coordination with work scheduleing
- Agility to alter plans quickly
- Maintain contact lists
- Keen attention to detail and being proactive to keep CEO office efficient
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors
- Arrange and manage Board meetings and events, including scheduling all Board and Committee Meetings
- Edit and upload meeting materials into Board portal
- Manage last minute changes to materials and version control
- Keep the Board up to date on meetings and committee schedules
- Maintain Board of Directors vendor log and contacts
- Assist Board members with travel (flights, hotel and ground transportation)
- Track meeting minutes for approval on behalf of the Board Secretary
- Create agendas, meeting minutes and follow up from the weekly Executive Leadership Team meetings
- Schedule complex ELT offsites and board meetings with multiple competing priorities
- Coordinate and maintain executive calendars
- Annual conferences
- IR events and presentations
- Company milestones and events
- Provide back-up support to Sr. Management, as needed
- Edit presentations and various communications for internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate executive annual calendar of events (board meetings, committee meetings, and other external board seats held by CEO)
- Answer and direct incoming calls, process mail and prepare meeting documents
- Reconcile monthly purchase card account for CEO and submit expenses via Concur
- Organize and mentor all other administrative support within the company
- Monthly meetings to share company updates, IT challenges, and training on processes
- Act as the internal liaison for the entire admin team
- Proactively distribute new tips and tricks to assist the admin team
- Organize team building events for the support team
Other duties, as assigned
What is Required
- Minimum of 8-12 years of experience as an Executive Assistant, preferably in the Life Sciences industry and at the CEO level
- Previous experience in working with a public board of directors a must
- Strong project management and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS office Suite and operation of other peripheral devices
- Experience scheduling complex travel arrangements including multi-leg, domestic and international
- Ability to always maintain confidential information and professional demeanor
- Must be a strong leader and mentor for admin staff
- Ability to work cross functional across the organization and prior experience supporting multiple functions
- Must be highly organized and able to handle and prioritize simultaneous assignments in a fast- paced environment and work with all levels of the organization
- Associate or Bachelor's degree a plus
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.