Cost Accounting Manager (Remote or Home Office Based)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2056976
Job Description Summary
The Cost Accounting Manager is a trusted, cross functional business partner who collaborates with Supply Chain and FP&A to ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of month end close activities for inventory balances and related reserves, accruals, and COGS calculations, while also providing critical feedback on business performance via dashboards, presentations, and metrics to Supply Chain.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, our external Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs), and Third Party Logistics Provider (3PL) to manage month end closing process for inventory module in ERP by ensuring proper inventory transaction cutoff and reconciliation of inventory positions between Mirati's ERP, CMOs, and 3PL
- Perform recalculation of cost of goods sold and balance sheet reconciliation to ensure any manual adjustments made to inventory have been transacted correctly and the Balance Sheet and Income Statement are properly stated in our ERP, Netsuite
- Partner with FP&A and Supply Chain on monthly dashboarding for: inventory purchases in dollars and quantities, lot expiry and reserve balances, , product component cost, as well as variances from standard
- Ensure proper capitalization of Mirati's internal FTE, shipping. and QC overheads at month end
- Prepare and execute end to end test cases for system implementation as well as regression testing for any subsequent configuration changes that impact inventory and product costing
- In collaboration with Supply Chain, monitor forward looking lot expiry to ensure proper reserves are booked at month end and included in the FP&A forecast
- Manage mid-year and year-end physical inventory counts with external audit partners at CMOs and 3PL. Collaborate with Supply Chain to ensure adjustments to inventory are properly transacted in ERP and reflected in the financial statements
- In collaboration with the Technical Accounting team, support necessary inventory disclosures in the 10K and 10Q
- Drive the development of procedures and controls that ensure meaningful and reliable product costs and accurate inventory balances
- Work with internal and external auditors to answer questions regarding the company's costing process and control environment
- Assist in system and process flow diagrams, Risk Control Matrix (RCM), and accounting policy are update to date in support of SOX 404 audit procedures related to transactional inventory accounting activities
- Carry out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Assist with special projects, including implementation of new software and processes
What is Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- A team player who is committed to the success of the overall cross functional team
- Comfortable in a high change environment with the ability to change direction as new scientific data and business needs arise
- 5+ years of Cost Accounting experience
- Ability to successfully collaborate and influence in remote settings across the globe. Mirati is a virtual manufacturing and distribution organization with team members working both onsite and remote, with CMOs spread across different countries
- NetSuite, SAP, or Oracle ERP experience required. Prior system implementation, testing, and upgrade experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Strong analytic and attention to detail combined with the ability to explain results to a non-Finance audience
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills and ability to work with large sets of data from different sources
- Comfortable identifying areas for improvement and proposing solutions, while building cross functional alignment to implement changes
- Experience preparing monthly account reconciliations, and KPI reporting, and presentations
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.