Oncology Account Manager - Miami, FL (Miami, Puerto Rico)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2029321
Job Description Summary
As an integral member of Mirati's Commercial Sales Team, the Oncology Account Manager will be responsible for attaining and exceeding sales goals and objectives within an assigned territory driven by effective account planning, management, and selling strategies for targeted accounts including, but not limited to, large group practices, academic centers/institutions, hospital systems, community networks, and IDNs. The selected candidate will have direct responsibilities for the development of strategic and tactical plans and the execution of those plans to meet and exceed performance goals within the territory. All strategies and tactical plans will be executed in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and training when representing Mirati's product(s) to healthcare providers. This role requires being highly proficient in presenting clinically-focused sales messaging that resonates and compels potential and existing customers to take action.
The Oncology Account Manager serves as the lead point of contact for account management activities within an assigned territory working in partnership and under the guidance of the Regional Business Director. As an exceptionally collaborative partner, this role will work with field-based and home-office teams including, but not limited to Sales Operations, Market Access, Marketing, Training, and Medical Affairs to meet customer needs and drive the overall performance of the assigned territory.
Oncology Account Manager
- Serve as the primary interface for establishing meaningful relationships with key stakeholders and health care professionals while responsible for the overall customer experience to establish, generate, and expand market share and successful execution of the adagrasib launch strategy.
- Drive effective account launch planning and management process resulting in increased engagement with customers and key stakeholders.
- Strategize, plan, and execute a customer engagement plan within an assigned territory that is aligned with adagrasib launch strategies and tactics to include, but not limited to, in-person representation and face-to-face meetings with healthcare practitioners and related customers in adherence with federal, state and local government policies, and office and institutional policies.
- Lead local market analysis and gather insights in partnership with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities, implement actiona-able business plans, align responsibilities, and prioritize activities supporting oncology business and patient needs, always ensuring customer expectations are exceeded.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the centers of excellence in assigned region, identifying and mapping key stakeholders and patient flow.
- Conduct presentations and convey complex scientific information fluently to institutional-based physicians in academic centers and hospitals or large group practices/groups in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner.
- Compliantly partner with marketing and market access to develop a well defined strategy to support the need of each customer.
- Demonstrate highly effective account management skills and exemplary selling competencies.
- Maintain knowledge of standards of care and emerging clinical trends, and is able to articulate approved, on-label product information related to these topics.
- Strictly adhere to relevant regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies
- Review and analyze product performance within accounts and take and/or evolve actions as appropriate
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline (advanced degree preferred)
- 7+ years account sales experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, with 5+ years of relevant oncology experience (solid tumors and/or oral-oncolytic), preferably with demonstrated success in recent product launches
- Experience working directly with designated key accounts and stakeholders
- Experience calling on large oncology group practices and/or integrated delivery networks
- Outstanding interpersonal, selling, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills: highly developed consultative selling skills and solutions-oriented to assist customers find solutions to their needs and/or resolve issues.
- Strong technical proficiency with experience promoting product(s) in a virtual environment using digital tools, systems, and technology
- Significant overnight travel may be required, (up to 40% overnight travel).
- Ability to travel by car, plane or train is required.
- Must live within the assigned geography
To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and workforce, Mirati requires all U.S. field-based, customer-facing employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. At Mirati, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson, and current with any applicable booster. If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Mirati will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important part of making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Mirati also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.