Director, Corporate Digital and Social Media Strategy, Content & Channels (Remote or Home Office Based)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2022423
Job Description Summary
This role is responsible for developing an integrated corporate digital and social media communications strategy to strengthen the reputation of the Mirati as an impactful leader in targeted oncology. This individual will translate insights into action and will create a compelling, best-in-class social and digital presence, with bold strategies and activations.
- Develop and own corporate social/digital channel strategy, including all corporate social media properties e.g., development/deployment, editorial planning, content creation and distribution.
- Evaluation and execution of social media development and enhancement projects to improve followership and engagement.
- Content/strategy/governance ownership for corporate website in coordination with the IT team. Evaluation and execution of corporate website evolution and enhancement projects.
- Working in partnership with other communicators, develop posts and copy for website and social channels to drive the Mirati narrative.
- Monitor and evaluate social listening, provide insights and recommendations to communications colleagues, business partners and agencies.
- Work on creative concepts and oversee development of imagery, videos and other assets to be used in social campaigns.
- Identify sponsored and organic digital content opportunities to help drive corporate awareness.
- Ensure consistency in brand and message across owned and social channels.
- Stay in tune with emerging trends in social media and digital.
- Regularly assess, measure and report on work to show progress and recommend ways to optimize channel performance.
- Support the communications team with other initiatives and announcements as needed.
What is Required
- BA/BS degree with 10+ years of experience in paid/earned social media marketing and creative development, and innovative programming. Experience working in the biotech/healthcare space.
- ~3-5 years of management experience and growing/mentoring teams.
- Highly educated about the functionality of all applicable social media platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (including editing and messaging skills).
- Excellent presentation skills to both executive-level and agency partners.
- Proactive person who thrives in an ambiguous environment, bringing both creativity and analytical skills to deliver results.
- A passion for patients, healthcare and Mirati's mission.
- Innovative and creative approach to storytelling using social/digital, not just traditional PR tactics.
- Proven ability to manage external resources and stay within budget.
- Multicultural experience is a plus.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
- This role can be based remotely or at Company HQ in San Diego. For home office based employees, Mirati requires COVID-19 vaccination or weekly negative COVID-19 test results.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, MRTX1719, an investigational PRMT5 inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.