National Director of Provider Solutions
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2019353
Job Description Summary
Mirati is looking for an experienced, motivated, and driven National Director of Provider Solutions to lead the company's field efforts in both hospital and community practices to ensure Mirati's products can be easily accessed and utilized when prescribed. This individual will work in partnership with Mirati's field teams to identify and prioritize accounts that represent the best opportunities to grow the business. In addition, this individual will work to create enduring relationships with providers based on our ability to help them solve operational challenges in a compliant manner to better serve their patients with the Mirati portfolio. This individual will need to work closely with Sales, Market Access, Legal, Medical and Commercial Operations on a routine basis to ensure alignment in a fast-paced matrix environment. This role reports to the Executive Director, Strategic Accounts and will be based remote in the U.S., although may be reasonably be required, as needed, to perform duties at Mirati's corporate office located in San Diego, CA.
- Develop a deep understanding of operational processes and systems including: electronic health record systems, in particular EPIC/Beacon, Cerner, OncoEMR, other relevant oncology preferred systems, hospital oral dispensing software and related care management software utilized in oncology centers. Based on this understanding, implement compliant strategies with the field teams that facilitate the efficient and appropriate use of the Mirati portfolio.
- Understand the processes hospitals and health systems utilize to place products on formulary and to determine the value of treatment choices for their patients and how best to position Mirati's portfolio for appropriate utilization in oncology regimens.
- Understand and educate the broader Mirati field team on the methods utilized to integrate oral oncology medications into existing hospital health system treatment protocols, workflow and reimbursement support services
- Share the best identified methods and processes from highly effective cancer centers, hospitals and health networks looking to improve their dispensing capabilities for Mirati products
- As Mirati prepares to launch its first oral therapeutic, work with the field teams to understand how companion diagnostics are best incorporated into hospital and health network processes to help Mirati be a best-in-class partner to these organizations and their patients.
- Analyze recent product launches involving companion diagnostics, develop a comprehensive understanding of the companion diagnostic challenges including, reimbursement hurdles, training and logistical issues, and operational strategies at a site level. In partnership with the Marketing Brand Teams, Market Access, Medical Affairs and Sales, execute training and tactical plans to support the appropriate adoption of future products and services, including a companion diagnostic associated with relevant analogues.
- Collaborate with Field Training to ensure all field teams are equipped and knowledgeable of all associated pharmacy operations process
- Understanding and working knowledge of commercialization process, market access, clinical development, patient access/Affordability and pricing and contracting approaches.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between Market Access, Field Sales, Marketing, Legal and Medical to achieve organizational goals
- Superior analytical, writing and presentation skills with the ability to present data and findings, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities or ad hoc projects as required
What is Required
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in related field or science, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of clinical experience, preferably with at least 5 years in oncology with a demonstrated understanding of hospital pharmacy, P&T, drug purchasing and other relevant experience.
- Prior experience in hospitals or health networks with oral dispensing capabilities is highly desirable
- Knowledge of and experience with hospital and health network specific EMR software, like EPIC and Cerner.
- Pharmacy and/or hospital administration experience is additionally desirable.
- Prior experience working on products with companion diagnostics is valued
- Demonstrated success in developing and driving operational plans and strategies in the oncology clinical setting.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Broad based business acumen
- Outstanding customer relationship, interpersonal, and communication skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally
- Proven ability to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams
- High interest in working in the "roll up the sleeves" environment of a small biotechnology company, without the resources of larger companies
- Moderate level of travel required to customers and home office
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.