Director of U.S. Value and Pricing Strategy
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2011458
Job Description Summary
The Director of U.S. Value and Pricing Strategy will be developing the overall access strategy for Mirati with specific focus on pricing, contracting and GTN to support patient access throughout the lifecycle of Mirati's products. This person is also responsible for list and net price strategy including contracting strategy in the US market. This role reports to the Senior / Executive Director of U.S. Value, Access, and Pricing Strategy and will be based remote in the U.S., although may reasonably be required, as needed, to perform duties at Mirati's corporate office located in San Diego, CA.
- Build Mirati's pricing capability, through implementation of industry-leading approaches
- Collaborate with legal and finance on the buildout of Mirati's new system for gross to net tracking and forecasting
- Assist in contract negotiations with payers, specialty pharmacy, specialty distribution, and GPOs directly and in collaboration with broader market access team
- Develop contract proposals (financial models, GTN implications, and ROI analysis for evaluation) and effective negotiation strategy
- Establish insightful payer, clinic, and hospital contracting analytics
- Provide insights to the business to help improve forecasting, pricing, and contracting decisions and general business planning
- Support market access in providing insights to product pricing, indication sequencing, launch price targets and discounts
- Responsible for recommending list and net pricing strategy at and subsequent to launch including contracting strategy for payers, physicians, and GPO's targeting long term commercial success
- Responsible for framing the internal business justification for any contract strategy approval and defining the internal processes supporting implementation of such including post contract ongoing performance measurement, validation, and evaluation.
- Responsible to partner with finance on Gross to Net Forecasting
- Ensure a high level of collaboration and integration with the Marketing Team, Sales, Finance, Manufacturing, and other cross-functional members
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as US healthcare laws and regulations
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical, biotech and/or healthcare industry
- 3+ years of experience in Market Access, strategic pricing, and/or relevant payer function
- An awareness of GTN drivers, government price calculations and impact to the business (ASP, BP, etc.)
- Proven strong understanding of 3rd party payers (commercial/government payers), distribution and trade, physician networks, healthcare systems, and public policies associated with Oncology
- Commercial launch experience required
- Strong presentation and communication skills – with exceptional aptitude for learning quickly and ability to communicate technical concepts to a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to network across a broad internal and external matrix organization and the skills necessary to form strong, productive partnerships and build consensus and acumen
- Strong understanding of payer and distribution channels (commercial, government, SP, GPOs, etc.)
- Strategic thinker – must be able to see operational trends, and activities and relate their impact to the bigger strategic picture (applying potential legislative changes across the business, understanding GTN drivers and explaining to the business, contracting effects on business, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills to C-suite management and external stakeholders
- Experience in oncology solid tumors and oral oncolytic is preferred
- Flexible, adaptable, diplomatic, and able to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Ability to travel 15-25% domestic (Post-Covid requirement)
- Being based or relocation to San Diego is preferred but not required; if remote, routine travel to the home office in San Diego is expected
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision – to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.