Director of Market Access Marketing
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 2011449
Job Description Summary
The Director of Market Access, Channel Marketing will be responsible for driving Mirati's Market Access strategy and tactics across all channels. This person is also responsible for leading the timely development and approval of FDAM 114 resources supporting the Mirati portfolio and managing the market access agency of record. Examples include: Evidence and Access Decks (EADs), pipeline decks and other proactive and reactive resources. This individual will represent market access on MLR and to secure approval for generated resources. This role reports to the Senior Director of Value, Access and Pricing and will be based remote in the U.S., although may be reasonably be required, as needed, to perform duties at Mirati's corporate office located in San Diego, CA.
- Build resources with a specific focus on access strategy including marketing and messaging for all payer types. This includes but is not limited to pre-approval education and post approval payer value decks
- Ensure a high level of collaboration and integration with the Marketing Team, Sales, Finance, Manufacturing, and other cross-functional members
- Assist with the creation and iteration of payer value propositions to key payer stakeholders, throughout the brand lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Patient Services, Trade and Distribution to create approved resources on the programs and offerings
- Collaborate with the Physician Networks and Strategic Account team to create approved resources on the programs and offerings
- Formulate and adjust market access business plans and tactics
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs to ensure the HEOR plan and value dossier include compelling and credible information for the US to support the payer messaging regarding value
- Leverage data, analytics, and strong strategic mind-set in all aspects of the business.
- Lead KPI performance metrics and access coverage reporting
- Proactively monitor and engage on government and/or payer policy that has the potential to affect access to the Mirati portfolio
- Determine appropriate action, execution, tracking and monitoring of projects.
- Focus on and triangulate market dynamics, constituents' needs, and business priorities to determine best, market-advantaged course of action.
- Provide cross functional leadership to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as US healthcare laws and regulations
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 7-10+ years of progressive pharmaceutical experience in market access and launch of oncology or specialty care products
- Experience in payer, reimbursement, pricing, contracting, strategy, diagnostic coverage and reimbursement and execution
- Proven strong understanding of 3rd party payers (commercial/government payers), distribution and trade, physician networks, healthcare systems, and public policies associated with Oncology
- Commercial launch experience required
- Previous experience successfully developing and leading managed markets/payer initiatives that supported product launches; well versed in pharma/payer contracting terms across various segments; experience with oral drugs, including Medicare Part D
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills to C-suite management and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead, collaborate and influence cross-functional teams within an organization
- Experience in oncology solid tumors and oral oncolytic is preferred
- Flexible, adaptable, diplomatic, and able to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Possesses a good blend of strategic and operational experience with the ability to see the big picture and strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel 15-25% domestic (Post-Covid requirement)
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.