Associate Director, Information Technology (IT) Enterprise Strategy & Execution
Department: Facilities / IT
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1988086
Job Description Summary
The Associate Director of Information Technology (IT) Enterprise Strategy & Execution will develop a trusting relationship with internal customers to (1) ensure a consistent and strategic approach to the application of information and technology (I&T) across the enterprise, and (2) to ensure a consistent, transparent and efficient approach to the way the IT organization delivers value to the business.
This role will work with IT Leadership to drive prioritization, change, and transformation. In doing so, will develop an operating and delivery model to increase delivery consistency and effectiveness of IT and cross functional teams. S/He will build relationships and work across the rest of the business to support IT in accelerating and managing digital transformation. The ideal candidate will possess a mix of excellent leadership, business knowledge, technical skills, and the ability to link the big picture with tangible outcomes.
Supporting the VP of IT and leadership team through the following:
- Strategy: Ability to facilitate the creation of strategy and strategic plan that incorporates IT and business capabilities to articulate how information and technology will contribute to business success across in the enterprise.
- Governance: Ability to orchestrate the governance mechanisms ensuring that the appropriate decisions are made to implement the business and IT strategy. This includes assisting to develop and operationalize a Digital Steering Committee as well as the IT delivery framework; Steward of the IT portfolio.
- Performance management: Ability to define, maintain and report on the metrics that will be followed to track the progress of IT achievements against objectives as well as the contribution of IT to business performance.
- Financial management: Developing, presenting and managing the IT budget; providing transparency to IT costs; managing cost allocation chargeback principles; and measuring the benefits of IT investments. This includes key vendor/supplier for technology sourcing needs, risk mitigation, and cost optimization.
- I&T operating model: Ability to design and maintain the I&T operating model that is required to successfully execute to strategy is a key part of the strategic planning process. This includes:
- Guiding principles for the IT ways of working, the high-level definition of roles and responsibilities, and working closely with other parts of the IT organization on selection of standards to be followed (for example, ITIL, COBIT, Agile).
- Organizational and operating change management & adoption.
- IT marketing and communication: Positioning the value of I&T and the role of the IT organization within the enterprise. Also, ensuring effective communication of the strategy and strategic plan to key stakeholders
What is Required
- A Bachelor's Degree in technical or business discipline is required. Advanced degree, particularly an MBA, is preferred.
- 8+ years of progressively increasing responsibility and achievement in Information Technology project and/or Portfolio and Project Management experience
- Ability to operate with a balance of recurring tasks and the ability to respond to
- specific challenges.
- Proven record of implementing governing structures, Delivery/Project Management tools, methodologies, and practices.
- Additional training or certification including Project Management Institute's Project Management Professional (PMP), Prince, Agile, lean six sigma, process analysis etc. is desired.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, modelling, and resource allocation & costing, and chargeback.
- Strong ability to breakdown and simplify the communication of process and value; Leverage Microsoft office to articulate and illustrate this message(s).
- Management consulting experience is desired in the areas of strategy, transformation, organizational design, process reengineering, or technology enablement; Experience in the pharmaceutical and/or health care industry is a plus.
- Organizational change management experience, leveraging key change management principals and tools for adoption of new capabilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Detail oriented, well organized and self-motivated.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.