Manager, CMC Contracts Administrator
Department: Technical Operations / Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1981888
Job Description Summary
We are looking for an experienced Manager, CMC Contracts Administrator to lead all contract related activities in support of Mirati's Technical Operations organization. This individual will report to the Director of Strategic Sourcing. This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of the end-to-end CMC contract operations process from point of receipt through execution. This resource will also identify and implement contract process improvements, and capture and report on key contract metrics. The Manager, CMC Contracts Administrator will serve as a single point of contact for all CMC contracts, and will support the Technical Operations team navigate through the contracting process.
- Manage contract requests on behalf of the Technical Operations organization. Route, track and facilitate the timely progress of contracts from point of receipt through execution. Assist with the inputting of contract data, resolve issues when contracts stall, and escalate high priority contracts. Perform review of expiring contracts and manage renewals and amendments.
- Balance risk with commercial objectives. Review contracts for accuracy and completeness in accordance with company policies; ensure vendors, business terms, deliverables, budgets and reviewers are appropriately captured before contracts are routed for approval. Proactively engage operational partners to resolve data discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain effective processes and operational procedures; identify and implement business and process improvements.
- Capture and distribute key metrics to the Management Team. Identify points of failure and troubleshoot system and operator errors.
- Ensure contracts are stored securely and organized in a way that makes them accessible; ensure reports and related functionality are available for the Technical Operations Team.
- Act as a liaison between internal clients and the Legal department for the timely processing of contracts; develop and maintain successful business relationships with internal/external customers, and respond in a timely and professional manner to inquiries.
- Train and onboard new employees; hold periodic training sessions for existing employees.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 5 years of professional industry experience, including 2 or more years of contract administration experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to learn and work under time pressure, demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Highly organized with critical attention to details and reporting accuracy.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Strong functional use of Microsoft Office tools and the willingness to learn new information and communication systems (MS Teams, Sharepoint, Agiloft).
- Ability to tolerate and navigate through ambiguous situations
- Position will be based in San Diego, CA
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech or related industry
- Broad understanding of the different types of Technical Operations contracts (Statement of Work, Change Orders, Confidentiality Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Clinical and Commercial Manufacturing and Supply Agreements, etc.)
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement concepts (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision – to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.