Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1968928
Job Description Summary
The candidate will be responsible for managing the daily operations of Mirati Biology Research Labs. Responsibilities include oversight of regular ordering, inventory, and stocking of lab equipment and reagents, equipment management, repair and training, lab user compliance and safety training, and preparation of materials for domestic and international shipments in collaboration with our shipping department. The candidate will manage the budget and manage / track contracts. The candidate will oversee contract colleagues as well as run the summer college student internship program. The candidate will also provide lab support for our in vivo pharmacology / vivarium team located off site. The candidate will support compound management including database maintenance and physical inventory support. The candidate will have excellent communication skills, a strong attention to detail and a sense of urgency as we are a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization.
- Oversee inventory, ordering, unpacking, and invoicing of all incoming lab supplies and reagents
- Place orders in collaboration with our purchasing, contracts and finance departments
- Oversee lab safety and ensure lab and personnel are in compliance with all state and federal regulations
- Maintain all equipment including regular maintenance, service contracts and troubleshoot, as needed
- Manage and update cell bank inventory
- Direct general housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the lab areas
- Direct the lab activities for multiple student contract employees
What is Required
- S in a biological science field preferred.
- 3-7 years of experience in a lab setting preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbal.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word.
- Must have a valid Driver License with clean record.
- DOT/IATA shipper and HAZWOPER experience desired.
- Must be self-motivated, take initiative and have a direct, effective communication style
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision – to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.