Director, Physician Networks and Strategic Accounts
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1963676
Job Description Summary
The Director of Physician Networks and Strategic Accounts is responsible for building and maintaining effective relationships with National Oncology GPOs, Physician Networks and other related accounts to facilitate achievement of business objectives for current and future products. Effective application and execution of defined strategies with assigned customers/accounts. He/she will serve as a subject matter expert in Oncology GPOs and be a key contributor to relevant cross-functional efforts, collaborating across the broader commercial team to develop and execute clear account strategies and plans for their assigned national GPOs and strategic accounts. This role reports to the Executive Director, Physician Networks & Strategic Accounts and will be based remote in the U.S., although may reasonably be required, as needed, to perform duties at Mirati's corporate office located in San Diego, CA.
- Responsible for account level strategy and execution for the assigned accounts in the oncology clinic ecosystem. Accounts will include GPOs, Physician Networks and other Key Organizations and emerging customers that operate within the independent oncology clinic space
- Set customer level strategy and effectively execute account plans in collaboration with the broader commercial teams
- Utilize knowledge of the market and customers to identify trends, barriers, set strategy and identify appropriate opportunities for partnership and engagement
- Utilize available data to generate account-level insights, analyze trends and identify potential barriers impacting sales performance
- Effectively manages business relationships with assigned customers to drive education, brand awareness, access, adoption and data analysis, all with the goal of revenue generation
- Collaborates on relevant Commercial department initiatives including marketing campaigns, promotional education programs, payer/provider access, reimbursement access/patient support, channel access, targeting, and data contracting to ensure alignment with key account management objectives
- Proactively researches and interprets relevant industry/competitive information and identifies opportunities to develop innovative strategies, tactics and solutions in the Oncology GPO space
- Partner with all relevant stakeholders including commercial and medical when necessary to address identified barriers and generate solutions
- Develop account plans with clearly identified strategy and tactical components focused on long and short-term objectives
- Effectively partner with and communicate key insights related to customers, competitors and market trends, to all relevant stakeholders
- Maintains access and relationships with all relevant account targets / decision influencers /GPO steering committees
- Issue resolution and problem solving, maintaining Mirati's position, process and policies
- Travels as necessary to engage with assigned customers and meet business needs
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of oncology experience with 3+ years of GPO/Oncology Physician Network experience
- Established customer relationships with industry influencers, with payer stakeholders, oncology physician networks, and key strategic partners
- Adept at negotiating to meet or exceed business objectives
- Experience managing the impact of oncology clinical pathway
- Strong knowledge of trends, issues, and policies influencing the oncology market
- Broad knowledge of sales management, sales operations, market analytics, medical affairs, brand management, training, and HEOR
- Experience in enhancing and executing effective pull through strategies regarding oncology reimbursement support services and patient assistance
- Experience developing and executing comprehensive business development plans, budgets, and programs, both short and mid-range; to support commercial and revenue objectives of organization
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to deliver reports, plans, and presentations to a variety of audience types up, down and across the organization in an impactful and enthusiastic manner
- Embraces cross-functional collaboration with internal and external customers; possesses the interpersonal skills to develop and maintain cooperative working and business relationships
- Skilled at resolving conflicts and facilitating positive change to ensure fulfillment of commercial objectives
- An essential requirement of the position is to meet credentialing requirements for access to academic institutions, medical facilities, and organizations that are in the assigned territory. These credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization and/or vaccinations. Failure to meet all requirements may prevent an employee from performing all essential job responsibilities.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision – to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.