Student Assistant (Part-time)
Employment Type: Part Time
Reference Number: 1960198
Job Description Summary
- The student will aquire important research skills and techniques as well as gain experience in a cutting edge biopharmaceutical research organization whose leadership has a proven track record of success.
- Assist staff scientists in cancer research and drug discovery efforts
- Responsible for lab management including: glassware washing, ordering and inventory of supplies, tube/sample labeling, stocking supplies, general lab upkeep and cleanliness, lab safety, and organization of safety and training files
- Research responsibilities may include: reagent preparation, compound management, cell culture maintenance, in vitro 2D/3D cell viability and functional screening assays, molecular biology techniques (DNA and RNA extraction), Western blotting, immunocytochemistry, computer-based data acquisition, analysis, and presentation to project team
What is Required
- Candidate must be a current student in good academic standing, pursuing a degree in biomedical sciences
- Role will be based at Company HQ site in San Diego and requires COVID-19 vaccination or weekly negative COVID-19 test results
- Candidate must be a self-starter, a team player with excellent communication and time management skills, and a quick learner with a passion to significantly contribute to team research goals
- Completion of introductory biology and chemistry courses is required
- Computer proficiency (MS office suite)
- Previous lab experience
- Availability to work 15-20 hours/week is preferred
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision – to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.