Associate Technical Director, Analytical Development
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Department: Technical Operations / CMC
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1950425
Job Description Summary
The individual will report to the Director, Analytical Development and will be responsible for the development of analytical methodology and characterization activities in support of new drug substance and new drug product development and manufacturing. He/she will provide guidance and support to internal and external groups to ensure that products are manufactured in compliance with all applicable regulations and corporate policies and procedures (GLP and cGMP). He/she will provide analytical support for API and drug product manufacture in support of preclinical, clinical, registrational, and commercial batches.
- Work with multi-functional project teams to design and execute phase-appropriate analytical strategies including analytical method development and qualification/validatio and product characterization.
- Lead and perform activities related to analytical method development, optimization, troubleshooting, qualification, and validation activities for starting materials, process intermediates, drug substances, and drug products internally and at CMOs.
- Identify and recommend analytical methodologies to support chemical development, formulation development, QC and stability testing.
- Resolve technical issues, review deviation events and failure investigations at contractor sites in coordination with internal and external quality control, quality assurance, and regulatory groups, as appropriate. Provide SME technical input for OOS and OOT investigations.
- Author/review technical documents outlining analytical activities including method validation, reference standard and impurity characterization, stability, etc.
- Author/review analytical sections of chemistry, manufacturing and control (CMC) sections of regulatory submissions.
- Maintain up-to-date scientific knowledge through regular literature review and participation in conferences. Leverage external data and publications and relevant industry benchmarking information to drive experimental design, data analysis and functional/cross-functional strategy development
- Represent analytical function in CMC teams and interdepartmental meetings
What is Required
- Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree in Analytical Chemistry or related discipline plus 8+ years of relevant industrial experience, or Masters (M.S.) +10 years or BS +15 years or more years' experience
- Experience with analytical development (both drug substance and drug products) of small molecules and solid oral dosage forms in various stages of development (preclinical to Phase 3)
- Extensive hands-on analytical method development, troubleshooting, investigation and validation experience
- In-depth experience with the development and validation of analytical methods (HPLC, GC, dissolution, compendial methods, etc), identification of impurities and degradation products, reference standard qualification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of drug development, CMO management, manufacturing, and regulatory CMC for development and commercial stage programs
- Working knowledge of GLP and cGMP, worldwide regulatory requirements, and current industry practices
- Experience preparing and updating regulatory filings (IND, NDA, MAA)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks to achieve established deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and good adapt rapidly to changing business requirements in a dynamic corporate environment
- Proven problem-solving skills are a must
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally
- This position is based at our Cray court site
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
For more information about Mirati Therapeutics, visit us at Mirati.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision – to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.