Regional Medical Affairs Director
Department: Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1937655
Job Description Summary
The Regional Medical Affairs Director (RMAD) is a regionally-based experienced oncology professional with scientific, clinical and therapeutic area expertise responsible for providing medical expertise on Mirati and our assets in development. The RMAD is a highly valuable member of the Medical Strategy team who represents Mirati externally by engaging in highly credible scientific discussions with targeted thought leaders (TLs), clinical trial investigators, access stakeholders and other healthcare professionals.
- Deeply understand the unique oncology treatment paradigm, key stakeholders, and healthcare landscape (i.e. reimbursement/access, diagnostic testing) in the RMAD's region
- Define the strategic near and long-term medical vision and strategy for the region that incorporates opportunities for collaboration, communication, and education related to scientific/clinical data and new research, value topics, care pathways) and drive execution of this regional strategy
- Identify and engage key TLs, HCPs, and investigators in scientific exchange on disease landscape & Mirati assets
- Identify pre-clinical, clinical and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with Clinical Development and provide valuable and timely scientific support to the investigators
- Serve as a key member of the medical strategy team to share regional actionable insights/learnings and develop the medical strategy
- Participate/lead select other medical activities (i.e., congress planning and logistics) depending on prior experience or developmental interests
- Collaborate with other cross-functional internal team members (i.e., commercial, payer/access, clinical development) to share regional insights/learnings and contribute to respective strategies
- Respond to external inquiries and deliver appropriate clinical and scientific information
- Represent Mirati at select scientific congresses and professional society meetings
- Participate in the review, approval, and support of investigator-sponsored studies
- Stay current in disease state management, emerging therapies and the competitive landscape
- Adhere to internal standard processes and comply with regulatory and compliance requirements
What is Required
- Doctorate level degree or equivalent experience is required (PharmD, PhD, MD, MSN)
- Post graduate oncology experience is required with preference for lung cancer experience
- 5+ years of previous industry medical affairs experience required, preferably in MSL and/or headquartered based medical affairs role
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of oncology customer segments and market dynamics
- Demonstrated expertise in building relationships and participating in credible scientific exchange with multiple audiences
- Thorough knowledge of local compliance
- Team orientated and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
- This role will support a specific territory and will require travel (50-75%)
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.