Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Contract)
Department: Facilities / IT
Employment Type: Contractor
Reference Number: 1936977
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the domestic and international shipping and receiving of lab materials, including hazardous chemicals. The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for the physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storage and distribution of materials, supplies and equipment. The Shipping/Receiving Clerk will unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintain records of received goods and reject unsatisfactory items, as necessary. This job requires the occasional (infrequent) lifting of items (up to 30 lbs.) and will operate . The ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail and a sense of urgency as we are a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization. This role will report to the Sr. Manager Facilities/Shipping and Receiving and will interact with and provide service to the entire organization.
- Verifies and inspects all incoming shipments for correct waybill information and visible damage.
- Communicates and follows up on discrepancies with suppliers, freight companies, and customs brokers.
- Perform data entry for multiple types of shipping & receiving transactions including entry into financial system.
- shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, packing slips to items received and distributing appropriately.
- Accurately package, label and weigh items to be shipped and ensure proper shipment method and shipping charges.
- Prepares and processes all outgoing shipments. Ensures shipping documents are accurate and complete.
- Receives, sorts and distributes all incoming mail.
- Performs general housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and areas. Includes hands‐on cleaning, maintenance and organization.
- May assist in facilities maintenance duties and escort or support vendor and contractor efforts.
What is Required
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Previous Biotech or Pharmaceutical experience a plus.
- Results-oriented worker with a keen sense of urgency and collaborative working style.
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbal.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Must have a valid Driver License with clean record.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds on an infrequent basis.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision – to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.