Director of Trade and Distribution
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1934044
Job Description Summary
Mirati is looking for an experienced, motivated, and driven Director of Trade and Distribution. As a key member of the Market Access team the Director of Trade and Distribution will be responsible for defining and executing our trade strategy through collaboration with cross functional team members as well as managing day to day activities working with Specialty Pharmacies, Specialty Distributors and dotted line with Supply Chain for the 3PL including, but not limited to, setting up a Specialty Pharmacy network including partnering with internal cross functional stakeholders to negotiate, manage, and implement contracts and fee for service agreements as required. This individual will also need to evaluate if there are other required channels of distribution to ensure appropriate access such as Specialty Distribution agreements to service the government channel. This individual is responsible for the day-to-day business transactions, issues and problems across all products. The position is responsible for channel strategy across all products as well as all distribution partners including, wholesalers and specialty distributors. Working closely with our Supply Chain team and understanding and influencing our 3PL operations as it relates to getting product to the distribution channel is also critical for success. Ensuring we receive robust data sets from Specialty Pharmacies and Specialty Distributors that are actionable is also a key deliverable. Driving our returns policy will also be a key deliverable pre-launch. The Director will also be responsible for developing a robust training program for the field teams to ensure optimal access within pharmacy operations. This individual will need to work closely with Sales, Market Access, Legal, Medical and Commercial Operations on a routine basis to ensure alignment in a fast paced matrix environment. This role reports to the Senior Director of Patient Services, Distribution, and Pharmacy Operations and will be based remote in the U.S., although may be reasonably be required, as needed, to perform duties at Mirati's corporate office located in San Diego, CA.
- Work closely with Legal, Supply Chain, Sales Operations, Commercial Operations, Market Access, and Finance around distribution operational issues for expedited resolution
- Manage Distribution activities at the Wholesale, Specialty Distribution and 3PL level of the Mirati portfolio
- Drive strategy and tactic recommendation as it relates to distribution through our trade partners (SPP, SD etc.)
- Drive negotiation and execution of distribution agreements
- Oversee their team to ensure the development and negotiation of favorable fee for service distribution agreements with national and regional wholesalers, specialty distributors, 3PL and other relevant channel partners.
- Develop and negotiate customer return policies in conjunction with existing Mirati Legal, Commercial, Compliance and Finance requirements.
- Develop effective distribution models for all Mirati products and day to day management of distribution partners.
- Develop efficient and pertinent reporting criteria from all internal and external partners.
- Ensure compliance of multiple operating policies in an extremely diverse with multiple priority environment.
- Analyze and ensure wholesaler, Spec Distributor and 3PL inventory provides consistent product availability and remains within Mirati Legal and Financial parameters.
- Provide Brand Management with insightful analyses of market behavior and buying patterns.
- Participate and influence 3PL operational plan
- Ensure timely business reviews are conducted with our partners
- Proactively identify potential business issues and or supply constraints and manage any supply chain issues with internal resources
- Establish strong relationships and effective communication with key internal stakeholders and outside vendors
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between Strategic Account Team, Field Sales, Marketing, Legal and patient/provider hub services to achieve organizational goals
- Share with internal stakeholders market observations/trends, best practices, customer learnings to support the development or revisions of strategies and tactics
- Develop triage process around distribution fulfillment concerns including a plan to remediate
- Lead and demonstrate the ability to expand or build long-term executive level account relationships with targeted Trade customers
- Drive creation of account business plans and quarterly business reviews
- Superior analytical, writing and presentation skills with the ability to present data and findings, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities or ad hoc projects as required
What is Required
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in related field or science, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- The successful candidate will have 10+ years of pharma/biotech experience in the market access or distribution space
- Strong demonstrated understanding and experience with various distribution models
- Previous experience launching specialty/orphan drugs, preferably oral oncology, and setting up various distribution models, particularly Patient Services, SPP and SD
- Relationships with key stakeholders in the SPP and SD space
- Knowledge of the latest trends in distribution and patient services
- Fundamental understanding of price and price reporting implications around distribution agreements (Fair Market Value services etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of oncology eMR systems and pharmacy processes
- Strong problem solving skills
- Broad based business acumen
- Outstanding customer relationship, interpersonal, and communication skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally
- Proven ability to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams
- High interest in working in the "roll up the sleeves" environment of a small biotechnology company, without the resources of larger companies
- Moderate level of travel required to customers and home office
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision – to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.