Director, Patient Services, Market Access
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1934037
Job Description Summary
Mirati is looking for an experienced, motivated, and driven Director of Patient Services. As a key member of the Market Access team the Director of Patient Services will be responsible for developing patient access strategy and managing support services for patients, healthcare providers (HCPs), and caregivers to shape the customer experience and achieve key performance goals. Ensuring we receive robust data sets from the HUB that are actionable is also a key deliverable. This position will play a critical role in ensuring efficient design, integration, and operations of patient support services including, HUB, financial support, and adherence services throughout the patient journey. The Director of Patient Services will lead strategy, development, negotiation, implementation, and management of patient services in line with brand strategies for the organization. This individual will need to work closely with sales, market access, legal, medical and commercial operations on a routine basis to ensure alignment in a fast paced matrix environment. This role reports to the Senior Director of Patient Services, Distribution, and Pharmacy Operations and will be based remote in the U.S., although may be reasonably be required, as needed, to perform duties at Mirati's corporate office located in San Diego, CA.
- Work closely with Legal, Supply Chain, Sales Operations, Commercial Operations, Market Access, and Finance around distribution operational issues for expedited resolution
- In-depth functional knowledge across patient services, specialty pharmacy channel, HUB and vendor management, patient service program design and management.
- Oversee day to day management of the patient services program
- Coordinate with Field Strategic Account team, Sales, and Commercial Operations to ensure team members understand and have required information related to our patient services and distribution model
- Understanding and working knowledge of commercialization process, market access, clinical development, patient access/Affordability and pricing and contracting approaches.
- Ensure timely business reviews are conducted with our HUB partner
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Patient Services, Distribution, and Pharmacy Operations to develop all facets of the patient services program not inclusive of PAP, Commercial Co-Pay, Voucher, Quick Start, Bridge, AE management and data procurement through our data aggregator
- Establish strong relationships and effective communication with key internal stakeholders and outside vendors
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between Strategic Account Team, Field Sales, Marketing, Legal and patient/provider HUB services to achieve organizational goals
- Superior analytical, writing and presentation skills with the ability to present data and findings, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities or ad hoc projects as required
What is Required
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in related field or science, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- The successful candidate will have 10+ years of pharma/biotech experience in the market access, patient services or distribution space
- Strong demonstrated understanding and experience with patient services programs
- Previous experience launching specialty/orphan drugs and setting up various patient services programs, oral oncology experience preferred
- Knowledge of the latest trends in Patient Services
- Fundamental understanding of price and price reporting implications around distribution agreements (Fair Market Value services etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of oncology eMR systems and pharmacy processes
- Strong problem solving skills
- Broad based business acumen
- Outstanding customer relationship, interpersonal, and communication skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally
- Proven ability to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams
- High interest in working in the "roll up the sleeves" environment of a small biotechnology company, without the resources of larger companies
- Moderate level of travel required to customers and home office
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.