Senior Director, Pipeline Medical Affairs Lead
Department: Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1921919
Job Description Summary
The Senior Director, Pipeline Medical Affairs Lead is a versatile, flexible and experienced professional with expertise in oncology, ideally with experience working across several functions. The focus of the role will be to provide strategic medical and scientific leadership for Mirati's pipeline assets while also spearheading various cross-portfolio deliverables and projects. The ideal candidate should have prior experience working in a cross functional dynamic environment with a focus on both strategic and tactical execution.
Specific responsibilities for this role may include but are not limited to:
- Lead the cross functional medical affairs team that develops and implements the pipeline assets' medical plans
- Represent medical affairs on the development and study teams for the pipeline assets to provide real world insights into the development plan
- Serve as the bridge between the R&D team and the rest of medical affairs for pipeline assets, ensuring bidirectional exchange for internal training, content, insight generation, TL/advocacy engagements and site/investigator nominations
- Develop and lead the execution of the communication and publication strategy for pipeline assets, including alignment with the publication steering committee; Work with authors to and oversee vendor/agency management for execution of the plans
- Develop and align the non-registrational data generation strategy with development team and other key stakeholders; lead the cross functional working group to implement the plans
- Lead the engagement with the key advisory councils and strategy/plans for any advisory boards related to pipeline assets
- Lead cross-portfolio collaboration with other strategy leads on cross-portfolio deliverables and projects for consistency (eg, symposiums, pipeline deck, medical planning, insights, congress coverage)
- Partner with Commercial /access colleagues to portfolio planning and relevant activities
What is Required
- Advanced degree in life sciences
- 8+ years professional experience with deep oncology experience
- Strong organizational skills and track record of execution and operational effectiveness
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Team orientated and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
- Strong sense of accountability and ability to lead a team to execute on deliverables
- Embraces an agile and flexible mindset as focus and role/responsibility may evolve over time
- Travel may be required up to 30% of your time
- Being based or relocation to San Diego is preferred but not required; if remote, routine travel to the home office in San Diego is expected
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision – to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.