Sr Director, Medical Capabilities
Department: Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1920107
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Sr Director, Medical Capabilities. The Sr Director of Medical Capabilities will manage the execution and reporting of medical affairs strategic initiatives and operational activities while working cross-functionally to ensure the medical affairs team meets business objectives on time and within budget. The position will work cross functionally and very closely with various levels of the organization. This role assists in managing the medical affairs budget, strategic planning, and leadership team initiatives. This individual will be responsible for providing problem solving and other project management support for the team.
. Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Partner closely with Medical Affairs Leadership Team (MALT) in the creation of the annual strategic and functional plans from beginning through formal budget and project requests
- Liaise with MALT and finance department to develop and manage the budget and forecasts
- Manage the contracting process and vendor relationships as needed and ensure budget targets are achieved and risks highlighted
- Work with MALT to develop annual objectives, track and report status to ensure objectives are achieved or adjusted
- As requested, for defined initiatives or projects build out end-to-end project plans that detail critical milestones, resources, timing, and roles and responsibilities
- Define and track KPIs and metrics
- Build and maintain detailed and up-to-date process trackers to ensure progression of key steps and to provide clear line of sight to status updates on KPIs/metrics, objectives, and key initiatives
- Develop continuous improvement process and implement best practices
- Plan and manage MALT and MAST (medical affairs sub-team) meetings and other department meetings as requested
- Identify technical needs and partner with IT to evaluate and implement software solutions as relevant; build and manage the team Sharepoint
- Other duties as assigned
What is Required
- BS or BA degree in business, life science, healthcare, or related field; advanced degree or PMP certification preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in project management and/or the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. Medical affairs experience desired but not required
- 5+ years of experience leading multi-functional teams in the execution of operational plans
- 2+ years managing operations, including but not limited to budget and performance tracking
- Experience in planning and defining budgets, establishing, and tracking KPIs/metrics, and meeting management
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, along with the ability to communicate to different audiences via oral and written communication
- Ability to support complex multiple activities simultaneously with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of accountability and track record of execution and operational effectiveness
- Team orientated and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
- Ability to influence externally and internally
- Knowledge of industry compliance and regulatory environment
- Being based or relocation to San Diego is highly preferred but not required; if remote, routine travel to the home office in San Diego is expected
- Additional travel may be required up to 10% of your time
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision – to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.