Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1916522
Job Description Summary
Mirati Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Associate Scientist to join the Biochemistry group within the Mirati Research department for on-going oncology programs. The successful candidate will support the development of novel small molecule targeted therapies by running weekly assays and performing deeper characterization of lead molecules using a variety of biochemical and biophysical techniques. The candidate will be an integral part of a fast-paced research team and will be expected to efficiently execute experiments that will ultimately guide Go/No-go decisions. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a fast-paced research team and will be expected to supply assay read plates for biochemistry, cell biology, crystallography and DMPK and take on multiple protein binding or enzymatic assays. Experience with an acoustic liquid handler is preferred.
- Design, execute and interpret experiments using biochemistry and biophysical techniques
- Run weekly enzymatic, HTRF, AlphaScreen, Polarization, Fluorescent, UV, FRET, Biacore/SPR, MS and related platform assays based on project needs
- Upload primary data into the database in a timely fashion
- Organize storage of compounds
- Distribute assay ready plates for multiple departments
- Effectively communicate experimental plans and results
- Maintain an up-to-date electronic notebook
- Contribute to non-clinical pharmacology study reports and other regulatory submissions
- Work collaboratively across multiple discovery project teams
What is Required
- BS/MS or equivalent with 0-3 years lab research experience in biology or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with acoustic dispense liquid handlers and biochemical assays
- Ability to independently execute experiments and perform data analysis
- Independent, self-driven with good interpersonal skills
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.