Senior Scientist, Analytical Development
Department: Technical Operations / CMC
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1902499
- Development, pre-validation and troubleshooting of analytical test methods for drug substances (small molecules), raw materials, process intermediates, and drug products (capsules, tablets) is a must
- Closely collaborate with Chemical Development and Product Development during development
- Perform excipient compatibility and stability studies to aid with formulation selection
- Independently design and conduct analytical experiments
- Implement new experimental protocols/techniques
- Interpret results and draw conclusions from experiments; design and pursue relevant experiments
- Evaluate data and summarize in associated reports and documentation
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems within scientific discipline in a timely manner
- Perform routine and complex tasks competently and independently and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Interact with cross-functional teams with internal and external team members from various functional departments including Chemical Development, Product Development, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory
- Maintain analytical instrument in the Analytical Development laboratory, coordinate with vendors for the period qualification of equipment
- May supervise junior members of the team
What is Required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education with at least 10 years of pharmaceutical experience, or Master's Degree or equivalent education with at least 8 years of pharmaceutical experience, or a PhD
- Extensive experience with analytical methods development and validation in pharmaceutical industry
- Theoretical and practical knowledge to carry out the job functions
- Extensive experience with chromatographic techniques (HPLC, GC) and equipment troubleshooting is a must
- Experience with other common analytical techniques is preferred (LC-MS, FTIR, UV, Karl Fischer, dissolution, particle size, etc)
- Experience with data management and statistical tools is preferred
- Excellent documentation practices and report-writing skills
- Solid communication skills
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.