Senior Director of Supply Chain Planning
Department: Technical Operations / Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1880050
Job Description Summary
We are looking for an experienced Director, Supply Chain Planning to lead all clinical and commercial supply planning activities across Mirati's global supply chain network to support our rapidly expanding clinical pipeline and to prepare for the launch of multiple commercial products. This individual will report to the VP of Manufacturing and Supply Chain. He or she will be responsible for driving the Long-Range Capacity Planning process, leading the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and Clinical and Operations Planning (C&OP) processes, overseeing the creation and implementation of near/medium term supply plans across the manufacturing network, developing sustainable inventory control practices across the supply chain network, providing leadership and direction to the Planning team, tracking/reporting supply chain performance to plan, and ensuring successful launch of new commercial products globally.
- Drive the annual Long Range (3-5 years) Capacity Planning process in alignment with Mirati's corporate, financial, pipeline and commercial launch plans. Work directly with CMOs, External Manufacturing organization, Strategic Sourcing, Finance and Project Management to understand supply network performance, capacity constraints, supplier risk, COGS, expansion or optimization options and related costs/timelines. Document and present comprehensive long-range plan to senior leadership that will serve as the plan of record for all network capacity expansion activities (build/buy) and related investments.
- Develop and lead Mirati's global S&OP process that integrates commercial demand forecasts with supply responses within a monthly planning cycle. Work with counterparts in Commercial and Finance to understand drivers of demand variation, determine the appropriate supply response and secure required financial pre-approvals in advance of presentation to Executive S&OP forum (SVP level). Ensure execution of resulting approved supply plans. Identify areas of continuous improvement to optimize service levels, inventory, financials, etc.
- Lead Mirati's global C&OP process that integrates global clinical trial material demand with supply responses within a monthly planning cycle. Work directly with Clinical Operations and Clinical Supply Chain organization to understand CTM demand (including combo and comparator sourcing needs) across all ongoing and planned global clinical studies. Develop and present corresponding clinical supply plans to senior leadership (SVP level). Work with external manufacturing team and CMOs to ensure execution of required clinical supply plans.
- Set inventory strategy and targets across the network (raw materials, work-in-process, and finished goods) to meet desired customer service levels, achieve inventory turns, and avoid supply disruption. Ensure inventory levels meet working capital requirements / budgets and that controls are in place to manage variations.
- Serve as primary point of contact with Commercial organization, 3PL and other distribution partners to ensure that downstream distribution requirements for commercial product and starter kits are met.
- Define and document processes, metrics, and the governance necessary to ensure adequate oversight of Mirati's planning activities. Leverage tools and systems, as appropriate. Track business and process metrics to measure and manage planning (and inventory management) effectiveness. Work with CMO's across the network to reduce costs and ensure on-time delivery of material. Identify and drive performance improvements to ensure efficient, reliable supply of all clinical and commercial products.
- Oversee planning and procurement of raw materials, Drug Substance and Drug Product to support both clinical and sales demand. Measure supply related performance across the external manufacturing network, understand related risks to supply and work with CMO partners and Mirati External Manufacturing group to implement appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Ensure successful planning and launch of new commercial products globally. Engage directly with Mirati launch team and senior leadership in Commercial, Regulatory and Technical Operations as well as key external partners (CMOs, 3PL, etc.) to understand launch timeline requirements/constraints and develop detailed supply and launch plans to ensure timely launch and ongoing, reliable commercial supply. Communicate launch plans to senior leadership as required.
- Work with a cross-functional team to implement new ERP system including inventory management, MRP, master data, etc. Establish user requirements and key performance indicators, participate in system design sessions, manage business and cost trade-offs, assist with data migration activities, and attend user acceptance testing sessions as needed.
- Provide leadership to staff through coaching and employee development to drive a culture that is focused on delivering exceptional results and continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key strategic vendors and internal Mirati stakeholders (e.g. Technical Operations, Clinical, Commercial Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance) to support business needs.
What is Required
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12+ years of relevant Supply Chain experience (16+ for Sr. Director)
- Direct experience working in cGMP manufacturing environments
- Experience with Long-Range Planning and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Experience with Systems Implementations (ERP, Planning Tools)
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to partner with all levels of management in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong problem solving, decision making, planning, analytical and project management skills.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Position will be based in San Diego, CA
- Process Excellence, Lean and Six Sigma certifications are preferred
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) audit requirements
- Master's Degree
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in biopharmaceuticals manufacturing or external manufacturing (CMO) management
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.