Regional Business Director - Mid-Atlantic
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1877861
Job Description Summary
The Mid-Atlantic Regional Business Director is a front-line field leadership role within Mirati's Commercial Sales Team. This position will play an integral role in the preparation of a successful launch of Adagrasib, a KRAS G12c inhibitor. The role will be accountable for building, leading, and managing a high performing field-based Account Management Team and overseeing all commercial field sales activities. The selected candidate will have direct responsibilities for the development of strategic and tactical plans and directing the execution of those plans to meet and exceed performance goals. All strategies and tactical plans will be executed in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations when representing Mirati's product(s) to healthcare providers. The experienced professional will be highly proficient in engaging/coaching and training the designated Account Management Team and key oncology customers within specific accounts including large group practices, academic centers/institutions, hospital systems, community networks, and IDN's. As an exceptional collaborative partner, this role will work with field-based and home-office teams including, but not limited to, Marketing and Sales Operations to drive the commercial strategy and overall performance of the region.
The Regional Business Directors will be expected to build a high-performance sales organization while fostering a culture of accountability, collaboration, and a sense of urgency towards the achievement of desired goals and outcomes. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of oncology market dynamics including key customers and accounts with an underlying passion and focus on delivering impactful therapies and transforming the lives of appropriate patients. Geographically, the Regional Business Director will have responsibility for coverage of an assigned region. This role reports to an Executive Director or Sales and will be based in/near a major city within the assigned region.
- Continuously builds and owns strong NSCLC clinical acumen as well as an understanding of the reimbursement environment, and oral oncolytic distribution to lead a targeted strategy in assigned region.
- Plans, forecasts, and oversees regional operating budgets, while actively monitoring expenses
- Provide consistent, timely and accurate performance feedback based on observations of key customer interactions and business performance as part of an overall performance management process.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated success working in a small to mid-size biotech company, reflecting an entrepreneurial culture and innovative mindset.
- Demonstrated track record of success, leading teams, and developing talent.
- Prior home-office experience in Marketing, Sales Operations, Training, and/or Market Access preferred
- A highly effective collaborator who understands the importance of team collaboration with all company stakeholders
- Establish and maintain strong clinical acumen to facilitate rapport with KOLs, community HCPs and effectively coach/mentor the assigned Account Specialists
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestic (Post-Covid requirements)
- An essential requirement of the position is to meet credentialing requirements for access to academic institutions, medical facilities, and organizations that are in the assigned territory. These credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization and/or vaccinations. Failure to meet all requirements may prevent an employee from performing all essential job responsibilities.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.