Senior Manager, Payroll and Equity
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1858150
- Manages and guarantees bi-weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to 250+ employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws including multi-state payrolls and multi-state pay rules.
- Oversees the accurate and timely processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations
- Critically reviews and analyzes current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Accounts for option exercises and RSU settlements through payroll and prepares and posts payroll related journal entries for equity transactions
- Performs the option and RSU grant calculation in accordance with Company policy
- Prepares and posts all payroll related journal entries into the ERP system, including but not limited to bi-weekly payroll, bonus accrual, payroll accrual, vacation accrual and options exercised
- Supervises payroll manager to ensure the payroll processing deadlines are met
- Train, develop, motivate and evaluate the performance of payroll staff; and ensure appropriate cross-training.
- Proactively communicates with HR and Accounting and Finance to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Works closely with the Human Resources department to develop integrated policies and procedures and provide timely and accurate periodic reports.
- Perform month end reconciliation processes
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with minimum of 7 years of multi-state and multi-company payroll experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a managerial role required
- Experience managing a complex payroll that includes a diverse array of pay methodologies and programs for over 250 employees
- Working experience in a publicly traded company is required.
- Extensive knowledge of Paylocity and working knowledge of Great Plains ERP system
- Proficient at MS Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Strong understanding of integrated systems and ability to build efficient payroll processes
- Ability to manage and lead staff to high standards of efficiency and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of tax implications of stock options (ISO and NQ) and Restricted Stock Units
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience in processing and monitoring equity compensation transactions
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines required.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
- Experience working collaboratively with Accounting, Finance and Human Resources departments
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.