Vice President, Information Technology
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1841415
Job Description Summary
The Vice President, Information Technology is responsible for providing technology leadership and management for Mirati. The VP IT will define and execute on strategic IT activities in support of Mirati and in alignment with global business and IT strategies. The VP IT will be charged with creating an IT environment that fosters high-performance and operational efficiency. A highly visible position, the VP IT will work closely with the senior team to develop an IT strategy that is in alignment with both the long-term and short-term company goals and objectives.
- IT Strategy / Technology Differentiation: Develop an IT strategy to ensure that the IT organization can support the company as it grows, ensuring the organization can function effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Work directly with leaders across the organization, including G&A, Commercial, Clinical & Medical and R&D, to assess the current and future needs of the entire organization, and translate this understanding into practical systems recommendations, acting as a visionary to facilitate strategic solutions and help drive innovation.
- Ensure the company's existing IT roadmap appropriately aligns goals and priorities across the organization and creates a highly integrated environment leveraging cloud- and SaaS-based solutions, or on-premise solutions, as appropriate, to enable growth and overall productivity.
- IT Organization Development/Alignment:
- Develop a strong and lasting partnership across the entire organization with key business leaders, ensuring consistent and open communication.
- Assess current IT organization and staff, adjusting as needed to improve IT effectiveness and create an optimal go-forward delivery model. Ensure the IT organization is appropriately staffed for current requirements and develop a staffing plan to support future needs.
- Provide strong leadership to the IT organization staff to ensure ongoing development of internal talent.
- Delivery & Optimization of Technology Portfolio: Review the existing and planned technology portfolio and modify as appropriate to ensure the company's portfolio is a highly integrated environment.
- Drive optimization of the current IT systems.
- Ensure plans for new systems are executed such that the system is delivered timely and meets all requirements.
- Efficient Operations: Implement an efficient IT operations group which delivers exceptional customer service across the organization, while managing existing systems and ensuring continuous improvement of IT operations and continuing to effectively deploy new IT solutions.
- Ensure that the IT organization collaborates with partners across the business to ensure IT solutions respond to business needs while being cost-efficient.
- Work closely with outsourcing partners to develop and deliver support in accordance with Service Level Agreements based on business requirements.
- Collaborate and negotiate with external partners to support system operations / development / integration, ensuring reliability, competence, flexibility, and cost effectiveness.
- Additional responsibilities include the below:
- Establish strategic relationships and strong partnerships both across the business as well as with external stakeholders.
- Deliver digital technology platforms (AI, Microsoft 365, BI and analytics, cloud services, etc.) to support business objectives and an emerging digital workplace.
- Ensure existing solutions are leveraged as much as possible and are operating at peak efficiency and optimal uptime/performance.
- Implement ongoing measurement of performance KPIs and create dashboards to provide readouts to executive management.
- Continue to invest in IT security with a focus on protecting our assets/people, preventing cybersecurity attacks, and managing our data securely.
- Achieve and maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal, and operational rules and procedures.
- Identify and deploy innovative solutions for a dispersed work force.
- Continue IT cost containment efforts throughout outsourced services, cloud applications and new technologies.
What is Required
- demonstrated track record of aligning IT with the business, improving the quality of IT decision making and creating high business value IT investments.
- Must have biotechnology or pharmaceuticals experience, as well as experience supporting and enabling a rapidly growing clinical-stage company as it prepares for the commercial stage.
- Exceptional leadership skills required, along with outstanding communication, listening, and interpersonal skills. The qualified candidate must be able to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a broad set of senior executives and staff, with the ability to articulate the IT strategy to a variety of constituents, including senior executives and staff.
- Must be a results-oriented leader who is highly motivated, self-directed, and passionate about creating business value for the organization.
- Experience working in multi-location, multinational commercial environment desired.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.