Associate Director, Medical Capabilities
Department: Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1837074
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Associate Director, Medical Capabilities. The position will report to the Executive Director, Head of Medical Capabilities. The Associate Director of Medical Capabilities will work on a high-performing team to lead and support various key medical and operational activities across Medical Affairs. This is a hybrid role that encompasses both operations and medical/scientific responsibilities, which will require an understanding of the scope of Medical Affairs strategies and tactics, as well as to excellent organizational, and project management skills, and strong scientific acumen to drive alignment and performance across the organization and cross-functional stakeholders.
The Associate Director of Medical Capabilities will be a key member of the Medical Capabilities team that will lead the implementation and execution of key medical and operational activities as relates to advisory boards, congresses, and insights and data analytics, in additional to providing scientific support to the Medical Communications and Medical Information functions across the portfolio. Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead the logistics and content development for R&D investigator meetings, webcasts, and advisory boards
- Lead the planning and delivery of medical customer insight-generation and work with internal key stakeholders to synthesize findings and generate medical relevant insights that are tied to internal medical activities and inform strategic directions across the organization
- Support medical conference planning and activities, including, but not limited to:
- Medical booth coverage, pre- and post-congress debriefs, scientific coverage, report templates and conference material development, etc.
- Support development of framework for KOL engagement across functions to ensure strong collaboration and thoughtful use of budget and time
- Support development of booth assets and enduring scientific content
- Responsible for department implementation and maintenance of various systems (existing and new) including:
- VEEVA MedComms platform for Medical-related materials
- Medical Affairs Reference Repository Platform on Sharepoint
- Medical Information website / e-MIRF
- CRM as well as external parties including call centers and partners
- Help with tracking and reporting department deliverables (KPIs, metrics, goals)
- Provide cross-portfolio support to key medical communication-related activities (i.e. development of scientific materials, compendium and guideline submissions, back-up on medical and commercial material reviews), and medical information-related activities (i.e. med info response to escalated inquiries, standard response letter development, medical document reviews) as needed.
- Deliver strategic direction and oversight with regards to the quality of the deliverables from vendors
- Support operational / business processes, governance and committee structures via documentation, training, and meeting management
- Other duties as assigned
What is Required
- Advanced degree in life sciences; Oncology experience preferred
- 6+ years in medical affairs roles, with medical communications and information and strategic operations expertise across pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry
- Knowledge of industry compliance and regulatory environment
- Strong sense of accountability and track record of execution and operational effectiveness
- Ability to understand and communicate complex analysis
- Team orientated and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
- Ability to influence externally and internally
- Being based or relocation to San Diego is preferred but not required; if remote, routine travel to the home office in San Diego is expected
- Additional travel may be required up to 10% of your time
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.