Department: Drug Discovery
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1834370
Job Description Summary
The drug discovery team at Mirati is responsible for the invention, optimization, and characterization of small molecules as clinical candidates for the Mirati research portfolio. Mirati is seeking an Informatics Associate with a track record of implementing and managing cloud-based informatics systems to join this highly productive team and contribute to our effort.
- Manage and maintain our cloud-based compound registration/activity informatics system
- Coordinate with internal and external data generators to design robust workflows for optimal data capture and upload efficiency
- Create upload templates for internal and external data sets covering in vitro and in vivo assays in biophysics, enzymology, pharmacology, and ADME
- Take primary responsibility for timely upload of externally generated discovery project data
- Manage and maintain cloud-based chemical inventory system
- Provide up-to-date records of chemical inventories
- Work with Facilities group to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations for tracking of hazardous materials stored or in use on site
- Manage and maintain cheminformatics visualization software
- Ensure seamless integration with compound registration/activity informatics system
- Optimize usability for medicinal chemists and project teams
- Manage and maintain cloud-based ELN software
- Where possible, optimize usability by creating robust integration between the ELN and other in-house informatics platforms
- Aid in the integration of informatics platforms into in-house workflows
- Possibly supervise student interns
What is Required
- Experience managing one or more cloud-based compound registration systems (Biovia, CDD Vault, Dotmatics, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, adept at collating, and analyzing complex chemical and biological data sets
- Experience with chemical inventory software (e.g. ChemInventory, Sphera), cheminformatics visualization software (e.g. StarDrop, Vortex, Spotfire), and ELN software (e.g. Biovia, CDD Vault, PerkinElmer, Benchling) is preferred
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, creativity, and the ability to think logically and critically
- Ability to work pro-actively and independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Scripting skills (Python, SQL, JSON/REST) are desirable
- Basic knowledge of chemistry, biochemistry, molecular/cellular biology, pharmacology is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in the Molecular Sciences (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, etc.), Informatics, Data Science, or Computer Science
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.