Regional Health Outcomes Director – East
Department: Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1832023
Job Description Summary
The Regional Health Outcomes Director (RHOD) is a regionally-based and experienced managed care professional with scientific, clinical, and therapeutic area knowledge responsible for providing medical expertise on both Mirati Therapeutics and our assets in development. The RHOD is a highly valuable member of the Medical Affairs team who represents Mirati externally by engaging in highly credible clinical, scientific, and health economic discussions with targeted payer customers and access stakeholders, as well as other healthcare professionals as appropriate.
- Identify, develop and maintain scientific and business relationships with payer and access stakeholders, within a given geography to answer scientific, unsolicited product and HEOR-related questions.
- Deliver clinical, scientific, and health economic data to healthcare decision makers responsible for managing medical care in various settings including payers, pharmacy benefit management companies (PBMs), specialty pharmacies, access stakeholders, and other healthcare professionals (HCPs).
- Effectively engage payer and access stakeholders in clinical and scientific dialogue in the context of product value; proficiency with standard HEOR models (budget impact, cost-effectiveness, formulary design) and outcomes analysis (PROs, indirect treatment comparisons, etc) is highly desirable.
- Have a solid understanding of access dynamics within assigned payer, access stakeholders, and pathways.
- Ensure medical accuracy and compliance with local procedures, ethical and legal guidelines and directives.
- Actively assesses the medical landscape by meeting with payer and access stakeholders to understand external customer needs and expertise.
- Understand the health plan landscape and actively prepare to address informational needs.
- Attend medical and access conferences as well as local/regional meetings that serve as venues and forums for access stakeholders and health systems decision-makers. Collect and provide impactful medical insights back to Mirati to be actioned in support of the strategy development.
What is Required
- Doctorate level degree or equivalent experience is required (PharmD, PhD, MD, MSN)
- Additional advanced degree in epidemiology (MPH), economics (MBA), or HEOR highly desirable
- 5+ years of previous industry medical affairs experience required, preferably in MSL and managed care/health outcomes liaison role
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of payer customer segments and market access dynamics
- Demonstrated expertise in building relationships and participating in credible clinical, scientific, and health economic exchange with multiple audiences
- Knowledge of core HEOR concepts including study designs and models
- Preference for expertise in Oncology disease area
- Thorough knowledge of local compliance
- Team orientated and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
- This role will support a specific territory and will require travel (50-75%)
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.