Director, Medical Affairs Field Capabilities
Department: Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1832014
Job Description Summary
The Director, Medical Affairs Field Capabilities will be responsible for the processes, systems, and operational management of a best in industry oncology field medical team in support of the team's launch preparation, readiness, and execution for Mirati Therapeutics' Oncology products. The ideal candidate should have previous field medical experience as well as demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional dynamic environment with a focus on both tactical and strategic execution. The Director, Medical Affairs Field Capabilities will coordinate thought leader engagement planning and strategy, manage the collection, synthesis, and reporting of insights by the field medical team, and ensure over-arching operational excellence within field medical.
- Develop, launch, and maintain capabilities, processes, and systems for the field medical affairs team; conduct ongoing assessments to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement to achieve operational excellence
- Serve as the lead for field medical documentation and regular reporting, as well as any associated CRM troubleshooting
- Responsible for field medical insight initiatives coordination, data gathering, and reporting
- Develop field medical infrastructure (team logistics/operational activity coordination, processes, territory management tools, thought leader lists, thought leader engagement plans, etc) across all field medical teams
- Serve as point of contact for commercial operational and IT systems leads; partner with commercial function to coordinate field operational activities as relevant
- Assist in developing, prioritizing and facilitating key field medical activities & strategic initiatives
- Manage operational aspects of key field medical activities & strategic initiatives across all field medical teams
- Identify and lead new processes, IT or other technology implementations for field medical
- Stay current/develop expertise in disease state, asset knowledge
What is Required
- Advanced degree in life sciences (PharmD, PhD, or Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- 5+ years in medical roles including working with or on field teams
- Oncology experience highly desirable
- Breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities within medical affairs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage resources, programs and multiple projects.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex analyses
- Team oriented and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
- Ability to work independently with strong sense of accountability and ability to execute
- Must be decisive, exercise good judgment in decisions, organized and with the ability to prioritize a large workload
- Home office or work remote option
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.