Director, Medical Affairs
Department: Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1821379
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director, Medical Affairs. The position will report to the Head of Adagrasib Medical Affairs Strategy.
The Director, Medical Affairs, is a versatile, flexible, and experienced professional with medical oncology expertise and will be an integral contributor to the launch of Mirati Therapeutics' Oncology products. The ideal candidate should have prior experience working in a cross functional dynamic environment with a focus on both strategic and tactical execution.
The focus of the Director, Medical Affairs role will be to provide strategic medical and scientific leadership to ensure a successful launch for adagrasib. Specific responsibilities for this role may include but are not limited to:
- Participate as a member on the Medical sub team and contribute to the development and implementation of medical plans and ensure alignment of key medical activities to the medical strategy
- Serve as "on demand" Medical representative, in collaboration with Medical Information, for responses to medical and scientific information requests from healthcare professionals, patients, general public, and internal stakeholders, ensuring prompt, accurate, quality-assured responses
- Provide Medical leadership for biomarker/diagnostic strategy and oversight of the nonclinical research strategy and review of incoming proposals
- Develop a professional organization engagement strategy and provide medical leadership and execution oversight of associated conference planning (e.g., AACR, AMP, etc)
- Cross-functional collaboration to ensure strategic, timely and appropriate scientific communication and external engagement activities around major congresses and medical meetings
- Recognized as an internal subject matter expert and accountable/responsible to deliver high quality medical content deliverables, including slide decks, FAQs, and symposia content
- Partner with internal and external experts to complement medical-led training efforts and provide external engagement support for discussions related to disease state, patient journey, therapeutic landscape, and preclinical, clinical and real-world evidence data
- Provide support for key medical activities as needed (e.g., publications, trainings, adhoc)
- Partner with Commercial colleagues to ensure successful product launch and relevant activities
What is Required
- Advanced degree in life sciences
- 7+ years professional experience with deep oncology experience
- Strong organizational skills and track record of execution and operational effectiveness
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Team orientated and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
- Strong sense of accountability and ability to execute on deliverables
- Embraces an agile and flexible mindset as focus and role/responsibility may evolve over time
- Being based or relocation to San Diego is preferred but not required; if remote, routine travel to the home office in San Diego is expected
- Travel may be required up to 30% of your time
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.