Senior Scientist, Chemical Process R&D
Department: Technical Operations / CMC
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1806382
Job Description Summary
This role will be responsible for the development of practical and robust synthetic processes and their subsequent implementation in external manufacturing organizations with the goal of delivering preclinical and clinical drug substances to support small molecule programs. The individual will be participating in hands-on development of synthetic processes that comply with regulatory requirements for manufacture of APIs to support clinical trials, registrational and commercial batches. This position reports to a Senior Principal Scientist in Chemical Process R&D function.
- Participation in a productive lab-based process development will be priority (approx. 80% FTE).
- Conduct hands-on route scouting, synthetic steps and process optimizations.
- Independently carry out analysis of reactions, intermediates, and products using well-established analytical techniques such as HPLC, NMR, LC-MS.
- Support and maintain common analytical equipment in Chemical Process R&D laboratory.
- Participate in development of fit-for-purpose HPLC method for ongoing R&D projects.
- Provide scientific updates to the rest of PR&D function on a weekly basis.
- Maintain up-to-date scientific knowledge through regular literature review and participation in conferences.
- Participate in an interactive, highly collaborative, team-oriented culture.
What is Required
- S. or B.S. degree with 2+ years' experience in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Prior relevant industrial experience and/or strong analytical background is preferred.
- Proven problem-solving in relevant areas and good communication skills are a must.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.