Associate Director, Medical Communications
Department: Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1802766
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Associate Director, Medical Communications. The position will report to the Executive Director, Head of Medical Capabilities.
The Associate Director of Medical Communications will work on a high-performing team responsible for medical content development and reviews, as well as maintaining a repository of documents in Veeva for Mirati Therapeutics. This is a key individual position within the Medical Affairs organization that will ensure professional standing and integrity with patients, healthcare providers, and the pharmaceutical industry through high-quality and aligned medical content deliverables. The team member in this position will generate key medical content, as well as AMCP dossier, HECI presentations, and communication and evidence submissions to key compendiums and clinical pathways. Additionally, this individual will play a key role in reviewing medical accuracy and content during promotional review at medical legal regulatory committee meeting and review of medical material. Furthermore, this individual will provide coordination and support to various medical congress-related activities.
The Associate Director of Medical Communications will be a key member of the Medical Capabilities team that will lead the planning, development, and deployment of scientific content to Medical Affairs function and work with cross-functional partners in medical and promotional reviews. Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and lead the roll-out of medical materials and scientific content (i.e. medical slide decks, digital and enduring content) relevant to Mirati's product(s) and therapeutic areas of focus
- Serve as a key medical reviewer and provide medical and scientific input to the promotional review committees
- Support the development of the AMCP dossier with scientific data input and medical reviews
- Responsible for developing the plan to submit evidence and other required materials to key compendium and clinical pathways for treatment listing considerations at time of product launch; monitor for uptakes/updates and identify areas that need additional information and plan of engagement with compendium personnel
- Support the development of key medical affairs training materials as needed
- Coordinate a consistent framework for congress activities; provide medical support at medical conferences with activities including medical booth coverage/staffing, logistics, session coverage, and conference material development materials, etc.
- Support the creation and implementation of policies, SOPs and work instructions governing the operations related to the Medical Content function (i.e. promotion and medical reviews, Data On File) that meet all compliance standards and regulations
- Provide support to key medical information-related activities as needed
- Provide strategic direction and oversight with regards to the quality of the deliverables from vendors
- Other duties as assigned
What is Required
- Advanced degree in life sciences; Oncology experience required
- 8+ years in medical roles including leading teams across various medical functions
- Knowledge of industry compliance and regulatory environment
- Strong sense of accountability and track record of execution and operational effectiveness
- Ability to understand and communicate complex analysis
- Team orientated and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
- Ability to influence externally and internally
- Being based or relocation to San Diego is preferred but not required; if remote, routine travel to the home office in San Diego is expected
- Additional travel may be required up to 10% of your time
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.