Director, Pipeline & Product Communications
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1795995
Job Description Summary
The Director, Pipeline & Product Communications role will drive the creation and implementation of public relations strategies, plans and tactics for the company's oncology pipeline and product franchise.
In this leadership role, the successful candidate will proactively prepare and execute communications plans and materials that drive understanding and differentiation of the company's pipeline and product assets. This role will also support the company's reputation through media relations, thought leadership, data/regulatory milestone communications, educational campaigns and other public relations engagement tactics/channels.
The ideal candidate is a leader with a competitive orientation. The position requires a strong communications professional who demonstrates sound judgment and has an exceptionally high level of comfort interacting, building trust and persuading key stakeholders to help drive effective communications.
The position will report to the Head of Communications, and will be located in San Diego, CA.
- Develop and oversee integrated communications strategy around Mirati's science and innovation narrative across emerging and commercial products.
- Deliver integrated science communications strategy in collaboration with R&D teams to position key data milestones aligned with company strategy.
- Develop and execute measurable, integrated external public relations plans to raise the profile of Mirati and its product(s).
- Collaborate across teams, including Product/Marketing, Medical/Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, Access/Pricing and R&D to launch company's first product and provide proactive communications counsel and ensure initiatives ladder up to the company and business priorities.
- Build relationships with key business/industry/medical and oncology trade press and influencers to amplify the product and company narrative/positioning.
- Shape news moments and overall messaging of our most important brand/product milestones, in partnership with Head of Communications and IR team.
- With Head of Communications, drive thought leadership/speaking engagements, issues management, employee engagement and leader communications related to the pipeline/portfolio, and in support of the overall Mirati corporate reputation plan.
- Support development and implementation of an editorial plan to support the business, contribute to the overall digital/social media strategy and publishing for the company.
- Support Head of Communications with issues management, providing guidance on related reputational issues as needed, to mitigate risk and ensure messaging is aligned.
- Design and implement measurement practices to actively manage, optimize and communicate performance against objectives.
What is Required
The successful candidate has 10-12 years of experience in product public relations in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. S/he will be a self-motivated leader with a track record of setting, driving and delivering against integrated communications strategies. S/he will have expertise in pipeline/product communications, social/digital media, strategic planning, issues management, internal communications, and is able to collaborate with business leaders to develop integrated communications strategies across every phase of the product lifecycle. S/he will have demonstrated ability to successfully lead and influence others. Finally, this individual will have a strong grasp of storytelling that can engage and energize employees and support the company's business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in Communications/Public Relations or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in pipeline and brand/product communications in a public relations agency or related field. Healthcare/biotech experience required.
- Experience with product launches in oncology or a similar setting is a plus.
- Understanding and success with social and digital content/publishing approaches.
- Existing top-tier media relationships is a plus.
- A creative and solutions oriented mentality when it comes to problem solving.
- Exceptional collaboration skills with the ability to partner effectively within the department and across the business to drive and scale communications strategies.
- Ability to influence and advise leadership in both communications and business settings.
- Strong understanding of the U.S. healthcare space and the technical side of the business, including U.S. regulatory policy, R&D, pricing and access.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Superior written and interpersonal communications skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills; ability to engage with and persuade a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to quickly learn the business.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, MRTX1719, an investigational PRMT5 inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. For more information about Mirati Therapeutics Inc., visit us at Mirati.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.